• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

boardwalk

ranokid

Mouseketeer
I will go in my Epcot day but, other nights when I wanna go from ASMo, how is easier? bus to where? by car, where I park? at what time they close?

If you have a car, it's much easier to just drive to the Boardwalk from the All Star Resorts. You will take a left out on the resort and continue straight for about 2 miles. Right past the Swan and Dolphin, turn left. There will be signs pointing you to the Boardwalk. There is free parking.

If you have a car, it's much easier to just drive to the Boardwalk from the All Star Resorts. You will take a left out of the resort and continue straight for about 2 miles. Right past the Swan and Dolphin, turn left. There will be signs pointing you to the Boardwalk. There is free self- parking.

Epcot closes most nights at 9:00pm. The driving directions you were given were to the Boardwalk. From there you would have to either walk or take the boat to Epcot. I'm not sure that you can park at the Boardwalk (or any other Epcot hotel) and continue on to Epcot. Most (if not all) of the hotels have a security gate. The guard would issue you a pass for something like two hours to eat around the area but if you are going to Epcot you would need a lot more time than that.
Drive directly to the Epcot parking lot. Since you are staying at a Disney hotel you would not have to pay at any of the theme park lots.

If you were wondering what time the shops and restaurants on the Boardwalk close, I recall it varies a bit. I think the ESPN CLub is open until about 1:00 am. JellyRolls is also open late (1 or 2 am?). I think the majority of other places close around 11 pm.

This is off the top of my head from our trip last September, which usually is a quieter time of year. Someone who has been more recently might have more accurate times, but this should give you an idea.

If you're visiting the BoardWalk and have a car, that will certainly be easier than bus transportation. Lately when we have been at the Boardwalk, the resort shares busses with Swan/Dolphin and Yacht/Beach, so the bus ride can be quite crowded and lengthy. In our experience, if you let the guard know you are visiting the BoardWalk area, you may be given a 3-hour pass and be permitted to self-park (make sure you have your All-Star parking pass visible in the window). This would be easier to obtain after EPCOT has closed, as BoardWalk does not provide theme park parking.

Hope that helps a bit!

Ok, I have a related question. I know the park busses stop running about 1 hour after the park closes, and there are no busses between resorts. Therefore, how do you get back to your hotel from the boardwalk on a night when EPCOT closes at 9, and you want to visit the board walk afterwards. The same question pertains to resort hopping. We're going in Jan. when I know the resorts close rather early, which cuts down on transportation options.

You can take a bus from the resort to DTD and then transfer to a bus back to your resort. Also, you can always go by cab. The bell station at the resort will be happy to call one.

Jellyrolls is open until 2:00 a.m.

I usually take a cab back to my resort after a late evening at Jellyrolls. I figure it's worth a $8 or $10 to take a cab back, and get to my room in 10 minutes instead of having to wait for a bus, go to DTD, wait for another bus to get back to my resort.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter