Bob Iger extension

Magic-cruiser

Much more betterer
So, once again it seems Disney CEO Bob Iger will likely extend his stay in the company beyond
the previously pledged time frame of 2019.
He always seems to do this when there is a big purchase about to happen.
Hey! I just bought Marvel Entertainment. I ain't going anywhere.
Oh by the way, I bought Lucas Film, and I've decided to hang out for a while.
Interesting timing, as the company now seems to be on the cusp of acquiring 21st Century Fox.
Do you think he does this out of ego? He is going to make sure everyone knows HE did it, not someone else.:worship:
Is it stock dividends? Everybody wants their piece of the pie. I mean, the poor guy has kids to feed!
Is it legacy?
Is it that he just can't let go? Does he really hate it at home that much? ;)
What are your thoughts?

I agree with the PP. Without someone to take over, he can’t leave. Every ship needs a captain and I think until the right person for the job comes along, he will continue to stay at the sake of Disney, not for himself. Sure, with a potential purchase of 20th Century Fox it’s even more important that he stays. He’s navigated this for Disney before, which would make him an asset to the company. I don’t think it would be smart for Disney to purchase assets without a clear and strong leadership in place, otherwise you risk it’s success.

CEO is a very difficult and high risk position to fill. This extension allows Disney additional time to search and find the right replacement. Not a bad thing.

With that said, there may also be legal reasons for this especially if the company is currently going through another big acquisition, and i'm sure that Fox will now also want to have some two cents in the CEO pick..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!