BOG all 3 ways!- Sept '16 Dining Review *Complete*

tinabina919

DIS Veteran
Hello all and welcome to my very first DR! My name is Christina and I have been obsessed with all things Disney since my daughters first trip in 2012. I think seeing it all through her eyes really just brought back the magic for me.
We have been back three times since then and have begun planning our next trip for January 2017!
I love food, I think it's one of my favorite things about being in Disney, there's just so many amazing options and I'm excited to finally share all my experiences after reading so many other reviews.

A little introduction to the crew... As I said my name is Christina, I am 28 and am a supervisor at Starbucks. My usual co travelers are my wonderful husband Juan who doesn't exactly share my obsession but he supports it. He actually proposed back in 2012, on a wonderful MK night right by Cinderella's wishing well...swoon...hes a great one :) and our 10 going on 18 year old daughter Angelina. I swear she skipped the kid stage and went straight from baby to teen, she is an angel though, super smart and so mature. Shes got an old soul that one, wise beyond her years...but Disney definitely brings out the kid in her and I love it.
We live in Long Island, NY and love it here.

Now for the details of our trip. We booked during a free dining promotion and with Ange now being a "Disney adult" we figured it would be a good deal. We went from Sept 2-8 and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and had a beautiful Royal Room.

As I said this is my first review so bare with me! Hopefully I have learned a little something about writing these since I've read so many...
here we go!

Last edited:
With a 9:30am flight we were off to our happy place. We arrived to beautiful POR and after checking out our room we headed to Disney Springs. We had never been and being just a boat ride away I figured it would be a good way to spend our arrival day.

(View of the French Quarter from our boat ride)

Our first stop was Wolfgang Puck Express

For lunch Juan ordered the Rotisserie Turkey Club which you can see in the background of the dessert shot below. This was a pretty standard club sandwich with avocado, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and a pepperocini aioli. The aioli is what made him want to order it and he wished there was a bit more.

I ordered the Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Sandwich

This was delish...super juicy but a good crunch from the onion rings and the melty mozz just made an amazing combo plus the house made chips...yum! Will be back here again for sure.

Angelina had the Barbecued Chicken Pizza

Really in the pizza zone here...this girl loves her bbq so this was a big hit.

Finally for desserts we had the Creme Brulee with Berries and the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake

Both were really great, so smooth and creamy. I think my vote goes to the creme brulee though.

Up next our first Signature Dining!

After a morning of travel and afternoon exploring Disney Springs it was time to get all spiffy and enjoy our first Signature Restaurant at Disney.

It was quite the tease having to walk past the Magic Kingdom entrance but on to the monorail we went.

Almost there!

:worship:

Let me just start by saying this was my favorite meal of the trip. I did a ton of research beforehand trying to figure out which signature to choose. It was between Narcoossee's and Yachtsman (which we will be trying in Jan!). I really loved it here, from the location to the food and the ambiance it was pretty great. On to the food!

Angelina and I both ordered the Filet with Butter Poached Lobster Tails

I was pretty damn hungry and our food came out just as Wishes started! I couldn't decide if I should watch Wishes or start eating the amazing looking dish in front of me...Disney problems...
I like my meat pretty burnt which I know is "wrong" but I asked for mine well done and it was prefect. The potatoes were ok but I really liked the string beans. They were crunchy and had really nice flavor, not too salty. The real star here was the butter poached lobster. I still think about this lobster, it was just sweet tender buttery perfection. Unfortunately for me Angelina loved it as well and fished both her tails too.

Juan ordered the Pan-seared Scallops

He really enjoyed this. It had a nice pasta with a cream sauce, raisins, almonds, mushrooms and arugula. It all worked so well together and had a nice variety of textures. The scallops had a wonderful sear on them and Juan let me have the most well done one, aint he great :lovestruc

For dessert Angelina copied me again (smart girl knows of my research) with the Almond-crusted Cheesecake

We both loved the almond crust to this. Crunchy sugar coated almond slices, whats not to love? The cheesecake itself was pretty sweet but the cherry sauce gave it just the right amount of tartness. We both were only able to eat about half and had the rest for breakfast one morning.

Juan ordered the Plant City Strawberry Shortcake

He finished it all so I guess he liked it. I don't remember any comments from him, I was too busy with my cheesecake.

Next up our first full day with a morning in my favorite park, MK and dinner at 'Ohana!

Last edited:
Great report so far! And I LOVE that your girl is liking so many adventurous options! My DD 14 tends to be adventurous as well. On our Disney cruise last summer, she tried so many different dishes like venison, duck, fish and lobster. So proud!

I'm going to follow along too. My DH is a 'well done' steak guy so I'm glad to hear Narcoossee's did a yummy job with your steak as it's on the signature list I'm trying to narrow down. :)

Thanks for the great review, excited to hear the rest. I have debating about Narcoossee and I think this helped seal the deal for me!

Thanks for sharing! - staying at POR Royal room in November :goodvibes
Usually I go for Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs - you may have convinced me to check out W. Pucks :thumbsup2

We had to start our first full day at the Magic Kingdom. It's my happy place. To me the vacation doesn't really start until I see that castle!

We didn't have many in-park breakfasts. I brought a few Cliff bars and such from home for Angelina to have in the room for breakfast. After a morning full MK excitement and rides I was ready for a snack.

We decided on two cinnamon buns for us all to share.

These were good but man I miss the old Main Street Bakery buns, these just can't compare.

It was a HOT day so after a few more rides we went back to POR to enjoy the pool and relax a bit before our 'Ohana reservation.

On our last trip we did a horrible showing at 'Ohana. Barely made a dent in the food so it was my mission today to be hungry and ready. Hint: this didn't work out very well.

We arrived at the Poly a bit early so decided to get some drinks at the Tambu Lounge while we were waiting...here is the big mistake.

Lapu Lapu

I was basically running on half a cinnamon bun and I downed this fast. I don't know what I was thinking. Im not much of a drinker to begin with, I always get sick...it just looked so cool and I was thirsty!

So we finally get called in for our reservation and I am feeling terrible. I didn't take any pictures of the dinner because I could barely look at it.
Angelina loved it though, Im pretty sure she ate my share as well. Her favorites are the noodles and dumplings.
I did try some of the meats and both the chicken and steak were pretty dry and tough.

Dessert time came and heres where I forced myself to be better.

'Ohana Bread Pudding

I love this. Was able to get a few bites in and really enjoyed it. Love the sweet bread and the banana-caramel sauce really makes it.

It is a shame they don't give to go boxes here. We didn't get any refills of the food but were still left with so much, it's such a waste. Don't think we will be back here for a while.

Next up our first visit to Beasts Castle!!

When I saw that you work at Starbucks I had to keep reading - DH is a Starbucks DM :). And then you had 3 of my favorite Disney things in the beginning of your report - the Lapu Lapu, almond crusted cheesecake, and the cinnamon roll from Gaston's :cloud9: We ate at Narcoossee's for the first time last Nov. and all enjoyed it.
And I ALWAYS enjoy a Lapu Lapu (or 2) but they are strong!

We were able to sleep in a bit this morning with no plans until our Be Our Guest lunch reservation.
It was much appreciated after the previous night at 'Ohana. We all felt rested and were super excited to head to BOG for the first time.

We preordered so it was a pretty fast process. We checked in, got a rose and found a table.

Juan ordered the Roast Beef Sandwich

This had a horseradish sour cream on it and some tomatoes and arugula. He really liked this, I remember him saying the beef itself was very good. I don't really like horseradish so I was afraid to try it.

I ordered the French Onion Soup

I love french onion soup and this did not disappoint. Was afraid it was going to be a little bland because it is vegetable broth but it was delicious.

Angelina had the Croque Monsieur

This was a hit for her but it's very heavy and filling. I ended up having half, it was very good but I couldn't eat a whole one either.

For dessert we ordered the Triple Chocolate Cupcake and the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake

The tripple chocolate was a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate ganache. This was a lot of chocolate I could only have a taste.

The stawberry cupcake was love at first bite. The cream cheese frosting is delish and strawberry mousse filling is sooo yummy. It's now one of my top 5 Disney foods.

This whole meal was probably my 2nd favorite of the trip. Definitely my favorite BOG meal. I left a very happy girl.

Love these guys! You just have to take a picture with them :D

Next, a night exploring the world showcase.

We headed to Epcot for the night and it was gorgeous out.

A sun set around the world showcase is just breathtaking.

As soon as we started our way around Angelina spotted the Refreshment Post, said see ya to dinner and went straight for dessert.

Cronut

Love these! I couldn't stop her, it's one of the best snacks in Epcot.

Juan got hungry while me and Angelina were getting some Henna tattoos.

He wondered into Tangerine Cafe and ordered the Shawarma Lamb Platter

We order gyros pretty often back home and this was comparable to our local places. He really liked it.

I decided to follow my daughters lead and was craving some chocolate mousse so to France I went!

I got the Duo

It was white and dark chocolate mousse with a cake bottom and curled white chocolate around the rim. It hit the spot for sure.

Next up Animal Kingdom and lunch at Harambe Market.

Love it so far, Christina! I was so sad when we went to Narcoossee's in April that they discontinued the filet/steak combo for the dining plan. I can't remember how much extra the lobster was, but extra enough that I didn't want to pay for it lol. I am still dreaming about that cheesecake!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!