BOG breakfast or Plaza Breakfast?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
Our first MK day falls on a Villains Party Night.
Park isn't closing early but we are worried about crowd levels especially as the day goes on.

We have A pre park opening reservation at Plaza booked, but wondering if we should change it for BOG instead so that we can cancel our BOG lunch reservation and not waste valuable park time.

however, we're going in summer when it will be HOT, and we know that lunch breaks out of the afternoon heat (or rain) can be a godsend.
What to do?

Our first MK day falls on a Villains Party Night.
Park isn't closing early but we are worried about crowd levels especially as the day goes on.

We have A pre park opening reservation at Plaza booked, but wondering if we should change it for BOG instead so that we can cancel our BOG lunch reservation and not waste valuable park time.

however, we're going in summer when it will be HOT, and we know that lunch breaks out of the afternoon heat (or rain) can be a godsend.
What to do?
I don’t think the VAH will really make a huge increase on guests throughout the day. You may see an uptick in guests after 7pm when VAH guests can enter with only the VAH ticket. I honestly never noticed a difference on the days we would be at MK and an after hours. Even if VAH sells more then regular AH, I can’t imagine it affecting any of the day crowd and I don’t think the 7pm-close crowd will be massively different.

I would keep the BOG for lunch, if even for some a/c and a break from the heat! If you wanted to speed the process so you didn’t lose as much park time, preorder your meals online so you can save some time with the ordering process.

I would not cancel BOG lunch. You need to eat, and in the Summer a nice scheduled break is welcomed.

The difference between PPO BOG and PPO Plaza other than the food, is location and logistics. PPO BOG can get you in line for mine train a bit early, and The Plaza will not, so if you want an advantage, and if the park hours stay in place, BOG will give that to you. My family has gone to both, and really liked The Plaza. WE were in line for RD Tommorrow Land in plenty of time, so we were happy. I would choose the menu you want and take it from there.

I would also keep as is. Food wise the Plaza breakfast is much better than BOG (IMO) and you'll need to eat lunch regardless of where. Like a PP pointed out you can pre-order online for lunch to save some time, but since it's QS you can kind of eat as fast or slow as you want and speed up the process if need be. I haven't been there on a day of an after hours party, but have been on days of the Halloween party and typically found the crowd level was actually better. Granted they close early for those parties so I'm not sure if that'll be the case for you or not, but I would imagine people going to that party won't do MK that day and would instead go to a different park.

Also, if you're a fan of lobster the Plaza lobster eggs benny is AMAZING!!!

Keep your Plaza breakfast. We did it last year and found it to be a nice relaxing way to start our day. The service and the food were both great.

I personally like the breakfast menu at the Plaza better. The only way I would do BOG for breakfast would be to see it but since you have lunch there, that isn't a consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter