BOG, CRT & MVMCP

abwdreaming

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am seeking advise. Our 2nd Day (Beach Club Resort) I am scheduling BOG lunch 11am, 2 FP+ 12&1pm, CRT at 4pm and then MVMCP, 1 FP+ 5:30pm. Do you think we should take a break back to Resort about 1pm? Or will staying the entire time work? Really not certain what to do.

Who is "we"? How many in your party? Children/seniors?

Unfortunately, this is a totally subjective question and one you yourself probably won't be able to answer until you're physically there. You might need to take a break, you might have enough energy to power through.

If nothing else, there are attractions like Hall of Presidents and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor that offer a place to sit down in the air conditioning.

Oh my sorry, I should have listed details. I'm a bit out of practice. Its been 15 years since my husband & I have been to DW ( Wow so much has changed). DH and Me are in our 65 yrs; DD is 37 and granddaughter is 10yrs.

My daughter (14) and I rope dropped 7am EMH, had 9:45 BOG breakfast, had 5pm ADR for Crystal Palace and stayed through MVMCP last year. No break. We did sleep in the next day though. But my daughter and I go hard most trips. Open to close for most of 12 days or more. It really depends on the person and time of year. I think with 2 ADRs you would probably be fine.

Thank you! I didn't really want to go back to the hotel about 1pm then have to get back for the 4pm CRT reservation. I just read so many post about taking a mid day break that I began to think we should also.

Hi, I am seeking advise. Our 2nd Day (Beach Club Resort) I am scheduling BOG lunch 11am, 2 FP+ 12&1pm, CRT at 4pm and then MVMCP, 1 FP+ 5:30pm. Do you think we should take a break back to Resort about 1pm? Or will staying the entire time work? Really not certain what to do.

You would have to re-work your schedule to do a mid-day break as, by the time you got back to Beach Club after your 1 pm FP+, you would just have to turn around again to get back to Magic Kingdom for CRT. If you feel you need a break mid-day, there are a few quieter spots in MK you could go to - Tom Sawyer Island, Tomorrowland Terrace. Or you could head to one of the monorail resorts (or WL) and relax in the lobby.

I have to offer a cautionary note here, with the caveat that I don't know you and your DH and family, so I have no idea of your stamina levels. Unless you plan on leaving the party after the fireworks, as many folks do, you are looking at a 13 hr stretch, or longer, in MK. Once upon a time, I would have welcomed that, but in my 60's now, I would not be getting my $ worth out of MVMCP on that schedule.

IF (please notice the big IF) you are all in good shape and have an appetite for that kind of marathon, go for it. Otherwise, you could consider starting your day later, and doing a nice late breakfast elsewhere. Yes, there are places to sit, but an 8 -15 min rest is often not much reward after standing in a line for 20 min to get off your feet.

Or make the deal that if anyone's energy and tolerance is flagging, they are free and even encouraged to hop on Disney's lovely transportation and head back to your resort with no judgement. Remember that pushing to the point of exhaustion in a park before calling it a night still leaves a 30 -40 min commute by the time you reach the bus stop, wait, ride, and trek through your resort to your room. Overdoing things one day can result in vastly reduced enjoyment of the next day(s) for guests of all ages.

I hope your trip is wonderful in every possible way, and there are no wrong decisions here.... only ones that might not work best for you in the moment. Don't be afraid to make any changes that ensure you stay happy and healthy throughout your visit.

Oh dear I didn't even think about the length of time needed to travel back and forth form the MK to Beach Club and back to MK. I appreciate that information.

13 hours at MK, that's something else my brain didn't process. Well, my DH and I could leave at anytime we needed to and DD & DGD could stay. That is an options. The child in me wants to do it all, our 65 year old bones may have a different plan, we are in ok health but 13 hours on our feet might test us a bit.

Reworking our schedule could also work. I was trying to fit BOG lunch and CRT dinner before or early with MVMCP. That child in me really is excited about doing it all. Maybe I need to give up BOG. I have to decide soon, my 180 days is coming up soon. Thank you all again for you help & advise!

So it is a long day but if you want to fit it all in this is what I would do...
lie in and breakfast in the room and chill. Go to the park for your 11am reservation and do your 2 FP.
Then head to the people mover and relax. Do monster inc laugh floor and get in the cool and sit down. Your grand daughter then could do space mountain while you had an ice cream. Go to CRT and the wind it up to full max for your next FP and MVMCP!
totally doable just plan it out. Don't go back to the hotel as you'll add another 20 000 steps to your day just getting back and forth :tongue:

What about scheduling your fastpasses for 9am and 10am? Then you can leave right after your BOG lunch at 11:45 or so, be back at the resort at 12:30-1pmish, and head back to the park at 3pm. That way you get a couple of hours break.

Thank you for all the great advise!
Tried to schedule my ADRs today - things really changed. Now I have CRT 11:50 for lunch Sun, and BOG 1:30 on Tues. Guess Dec. is a busy time to go! We will stay flexible about taking an afternoon break to resort or not, all your advise is keeping me positive about making it work out. Happy about the MCMCP, now hope the QS cafes stay open so we can eat dinner and not just cookies.

A bit disappointed... really want to get FEA Dessert Party for Sat., our first night. But could not schedule it. Calendar for Dec. shows no FEA Dessert dates. CM told me to call back in a month to try again!

I would consider coming to the park later in the morning instead of rope drop. In the afternoon, take in Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Hall of Presidents, any of the shows where you can sit, relax and take a break for a short time.
For MVMCP, look at what is offered and put a plan together of when you want to see the parade, show and fireworks as all but the fireworks are offered multiple times. Often the later parade is not as crowded. The time for the first parade is a great time to hit meet and greets or rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter