BoG or CRT for dinner?

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
Planning our first trip in a long time. We have been to CRT for dinner but probably 10 years ago. I'm wondering, is BoG really a comparable castle experience? Is it so popular because it's new or because it's really that good (in terms of atmosphere and/or food)?

Well...I think part of the popularity is that A) it's in a castle B) you can meet Beast at dinner and C) it was the only place you could get alcohol at dinner

I actually didn't think the food was that great. I hope they can do better when the menu switches at end of July.

Ate there about 10 days ago. Go to CRT, they place was overpriced, over-hyped (inside is beautilful) and you will go back to your hotel hungry. We had a party of 8, no one got enough food we went back to AKL and had some food at The Mara after trying this place. Many people told me to go at lunch time and not dinner but I did not listen.

I have never been to CRT (going in a couple weeks for the first time), but I dined at BOG in the summer of 16, and my sister and I quite enjoyed it. We were lucky enough to sit in the room with the rose (forget the name of the room) and I thought our food was good. We did have it in our reservations up until a couple weeks ago when we really thought about it and decided to skip it. We're not skipping because we didn't genuinely enjoy it, we just wanted to free up a night to try something else. Every trip we like to keep a couple things we liked and then schedule new stuff. That's all. I say go, or at least go for breakfast or lunch. Unless those aren't options anymore. If it peaks your interest, try it.

We dined at both on our recent trip, but I think it kind of boils down to what you want. If you want to meet the princesses, of course you go to Cinderella's. For overall atmosphere and food quality, I'd personally go back to BoG. (Get the Mussell app. Wonderful!) We enjoyed our meal at BOG hands down over CRT. (But, now I suppose this will be tongue in cheek since the menu at BoG is about to change)

BOG - huge open space, can get noisy, big ballroom type experience (though there are side rooms that are quieter) More food served and similar to a nicer chain restaurant.

CRT - smaller space and feels more like a traditional castle. Princesses all over. Food is like a more fancy restaurant and the portions are small.

I much prefer BOG for breakfast since you can explore it more freely when it is counter service than table service. It is amazing imagineering though—worth a visit at least once to see the petal fall on the rose and the snowfall “outside” the ballroom windows

Unless you will be there before July 27th, BoG is an unknown. It becomes a pre-fixe only for dinner. Is the food going to be better quality and wirth the price? We won't know until then. CRT is a known entity.
I would look at the new menu for B0G and see if it is something you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter