Boma Or Ohana 1st Night?

FEEBEE

Mouseketeer
TORN BETWEEN THESE TOO HIGHLY RATED RESTAURANTS, LOOKING FOR SOMETHING IMPRESSIVE FOR OUR 1ST NIGHT WITH OUR FAMILY WE ARE TAKING PARENTS FOR THE 1ST TIME ALONG WITH DD'S 10,8,7.

HOPE YOU CAN HELP

THANXXXXXXXX

I can't speak for Boma, but O'Hanas would be my choice. It's the perfect family atmosphere, but the food is Out Of This World!! My husband and I are big eaters, and I'm picky. There was so much delicious food, and my one daughter was ill that night, and the nice server (who pulled up a chair just to sit and talk to us for a moment) offered to bring her soup or anything to make her smile.

As soon as the coconut races started, boy, did she smile! The hula hoop races and the fun they had there were one of our trip highlights. It's surprisingly peaceful and relaxing though, so I'm not sure how they do so much to keep the kids happy, yet the adults can really relax in the dim lighting and enjoy the great food.

You'll have a wonderful time here...have fun! (BTW, my kids were 7, 8 & 8 when we went, but I saw older kids enjoying themselves too)

Melissa

Oh hard decision. To impress the parents I'm inclined to suggest Boma and walking around AKL.
However 'Ohana's is so much fun for the kids, and if your visiting on a night with fireworks at MK they can be viewed from the poly.

I'd rate Boma's food better but I love 'Ohana's too. I suggest which ever you chose, you should visit the other during your trip.

We had the exact same decision to make when we were there last month. We took the parents and two DS, 6 and 2. We ended up choosing OHana for the first night and going to Boma later in the week. The deciding factor for us was that OHana was at the Poly and thus we were able to ride the monorail and get more of the Disney magic even though we were not going to the parks on that first day. If you are not going to the parks on your first day and are not staying at a monorail resort, I would suggest Ohana.

I agree with the earlier posts that your kids will definitely like Ohana more. Even though the food is very good, they still can order off of a kid's menu if they are picky eaters. Boma has more variety, but I think the food quality between the two is a toss up - they are both wonderful. Whatever you decide for the first night, you should get to both restaurants at some time during your stay. Enjoy!

this may not count for anything but twice when I was speaking to CMs for making PS, chatting about the other places we were going ect. , neither said anything when I said we were going to Boma but both raved and went into great detail about Ohana's ( their fav. yadayadyad) and also Teppanyaki. I was canceling one ressie for Ohana's (as I had called to change times and forgot to cancel the first) and the Cm was all upset thinking we were going to miss it ( too cute!)I'm figuring if they can go anywhere ,whenever and go there with their families that must say something! at least these two really liked it

We love the selection at Boma's and the atmosphere of AKL. If your group is a little adventuresome, they'll probably enjoy it. It's wonderful to walk around the lodge and feel like you're on another continent.

That said, O'hanas is a great location and might, perhaps seem a bit more 'Disney', since you can see the MK from there, and also go for a ride on the monorail. If there's MK fireworks that night, it could impress your group to see them from the restaurant --- request a table neat the windows. Or, schedule your meal around the fireworks and watch them from the beach or boat dock area. There's games for the kids, which could help keep them entertained.

Both are great choices and hope you get to enjoy them both!

I can't speak for Boma's but I can say that Ohana's has great food with LOTS of fun things for the kids to do. You also get to see the fireworks.Although I have never eaten at Boma's I have stayed at the AKL and it is VERY cool --something not to miss. from snowwhite86's DD.

I can't speak for Boma since I've never been, but everyone in my family from the ages 5-51 LOVED 'Ohana. We ate there twice on our last trip, and my DH, who just tolerates Disney for my sake, said we could go back again this year ONLY if we could eat at 'Ohana again :)

My dad, who is just glad that my sisters and I are all grown up so he doesn't have to take us all to WDW anymore, also raved about it. We all loved the food, and the service and atmosphere were wonderful. Our server forgot to bring us a drink, and when we reminded her, she said, "oh my poor cousin!!!" Now whenever we're at the table and someone asks for something, we all say, "oh poor cousin!!!"

We made it our first PS for our upcoming trip, and we can't wait!

Huge fan of Boma here. Ohana's is nice but the menu is a little limited. Boma has such a vast array of choices from the plain to the exotic. I'm going in 12 days and my first sit down dinner is definitely going to be Boma. Have fun wherever you choose to go. They're both great so you can't go wrong with either choice.

Nancy

brewani.gif

BOMA'S is outstanding!!!!!! Even if not the first night, be sure to get there sometime in your stay. The atmosphere is great and so is the food. O"hanas is good if you are staying on the monorail route, but the food is limited and it is very keyed toward kids and families.

wow .....thanks guys, i will surely get PS for Both but am leaning toward O hana for Night 1. Only because they have never experienced 'Disney' yet and i think that a view of the castle as we eat will really get them in the mood!!!! We are staying offsite, so will we go on a monorail? or park at the Poly??????

This said, I personally cannot wait to try the exotic food at Boma and see the Lodge........................So many choices .....so little time!!! (3 weeks is not enough!)

Thanx again you guys are great!!!

Can't vouch for Boma's but as said in previous replies, O'Hanas is just a lot of fun. Last rip to DW last Nov. we went there our first night and it was such a great way to start the vacation. We had so much fun. DS's were 10 almost 11, and they even got into the spirit of things. And with the fireworks visible fromt the windows it was very magical:wizard:

FEEBEE -

To get to Ohana if staying offsite, just drive to Poly. Tell the guard at the security gate that you are having dinner at Ohana and he will check his list and then provide you with a 3 hour parking pass. Ohana is on the second floor (same as the monorail). If you want to ride the monorail to get in the mood (it takes about 20-30 minutes to do a lap), I would suggest doing so before dinner. This would probably be better than riding the monorail after dinner because if you are timing your meal to coincide with the fireworks, the monorail will be much more crowded after dinner.

This is not a hard choice at all. Boma's.

The wow factor alone of AKL is sure to impress everyone. Bomas buffet selection will definately have something for everyone.

Animals animals animals.... Visit the animals.

Also, AKL has one of the best gift shops. Lots of fun to poke through.

More than the great food, this will be an experience!

Boma is wonderful. I would suggest that. But Ohana is just as good. It really comes down to analyzing the menus and flipping a coin in my opinion.

If you are going for the food choose Boma. If you are going for the atmosphere pick Ohanna. We have been to Boma many times and it is always great. We went to Ohanna for the first time last year and enjoyed it but thought Boma was somewhat better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter