Book Disney Resort Hotels Using Southwest Rapid Rewards Points - CC Needed

Bookie Binding

Earning My Ears
Hey folks,

Seems it's now possible to book a room at official Walt Disney World Resort Hotels through Southwest's "Redeem for More Rewards" section of the website. You do need to be a Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember to take advantage of this.

I was looking into options like this all year while planning a Disney vacation for 2018 and never came across this until today. I did check many times and read many posts on here about workarounds or alternative ways to use Southwest points on Resort hotels, but it always seemed a direct redeem-points-for-Resort-hotels option was non-existent. Recently at least - I've seen posts from a few years ago mentioning this used to be possible but then went away.

Again, apologies in advance if this is already common knowledge or if there's an existing thread with this information. Moderators - please feel free to move/delete as you see fit.

Hey folks,

Seems it's now possible to book a room at official Walt Disney World Resort Hotels through Southwest's "Redeem for More Rewards" section of the website. You do need to be a Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember to take advantage of this.

I was looking into options like this all year while planning a Disney vacation for 2018 and never came across this until today. I did check many times and read many posts on here about workarounds or alternative ways to use Southwest points on Resort hotels, but it always seemed a direct redeem-points-for-Resort-hotels option was non-existent. Recently at least - I've seen posts from a few years ago mentioning this used to be possible but then went away.

Again, apologies in advance if this is already common knowledge or if there's an existing thread with this information. Moderators - please feel free to move/delete as you see fit.
Do you know if this can be done at any of the Disneyland resorts?

Do you know if this can be done at any of the Disneyland resorts?

Good question. I wasn’t sure so I did a quick search and Paradise Pier showed up along with a number of nearby/neighborhood hotels. Didn’t see any of the other official Disneyland resorts but that may have just been due to lack of availability on the dates searched.

Yes you can, but you have to have the cc open to do it.

I don't think I'm looking in the right place. Is this only to book with points? I'm looking for hotels near Disneyland and don't see any Disney hotels, plus I'm only seeing what I could book with points and it's far more than I'd use for that. I'd love to be able to book a Disney hotel through SW to earn the extra points but have not been able to do that for some time.

Good question. I wasn’t sure so I did a quick search and Paradise Pier showed up along with a number of nearby/neighborhood hotels. Didn’t see any of the other official Disneyland resorts but that may have just been due to lack of availability on the dates searched.
Do you happen to have a direct link you could share please???@Bookie Binding

Do you happen to have a direct link you could share please???@Bookie Binding
I don't think we can post a direct link since it seems to redirect based on your account login, but to get to the page you'd go to:

Southwest.com > Rapid Rewards > More Rewards > Travel > Hotels and Resorts > Select option 'Book Travel Now'

And then you go to search for your location and dates. I can confirm that I tried a search and had Paradise Pier showing as the only Disneyland resort. One night (I searched for late April) was about 40,000 points. Yikes. Kind of steep.

I don't think we can post a direct link since it seems to redirect based on your account login, but to get to the page you'd go to:

Southwest.com > Rapid Rewards > More Rewards > Travel > Hotels and Resorts > Select option 'Book Travel Now'

And then you go to search for your location and dates. I can confirm that I tried a search and had Paradise Pier showing as the only Disneyland resort. One night (I searched for late April) was about 40,000 points. Yikes. Kind of steep.
Thanks for posting! I did look & found both the PPH & DLH for my summer dates but it was a lot of points! We could get 1 night at PPH using up almost all our points by the time you add in taxes & fees it was around 57,000 points! Not sure my husband would be too excited using our points for that. :/

Thanks for posting! I did look & found both the PPH & DLH for my summer dates but it was a lot of points! We could get 1 night at PPH using up almost all our points by the time you add in taxes & fees it was around 57,000 points! Not sure my husband would be too excited using our points for that. :/

Sorry I missed your question...for some reason I didn’t receive notifications of new posts today.

Yes you’re right, it’s a lot of points! Though that’s even higher than I would have expected.

That said, it seems most things in the More Rewards portal come at quite a premium. I was looking at some smart devices and it worked out to be double the actual $ value when you compare it to the value of using points for flights.

Best saved for flight redemption me thinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter