Booked and nervous of crowds

@thor369 I really think you're overthinking it. My gut tells me that the original dates you had planned (with a departure ON thanksgiving) is that crowds will steadily increase over the week. Not everyone can take off the three days BEFORE the holiday.

If you want to hedge your bets against the crowds and move the trip a couple days forward it might help to some degree (but note, weekends will generally be more crowded than weekdays)
That's not really been the case the last few Thanksgivings at all. Last year, the days leading up to Thanksgiving were 10/10, with the crowds beginning to lighten just a tad on Thanksgiving day and then through the weekend after.

It doesn't take anywhere near that long.

Staying at the Swan, you can be from the bus stop at HS or EP to your lobby in 10 minutes and it shouldn't take more than 30.

There are no buses to the Epcot resorts unless the boats are not working due to weather.

Does the special event on Sunday Nov 24th, when the park will close at 6pm. affect the crowds in any way?

Now you are saying wait times will be significantly more for the thanksgiving week and even if we have FP it would matter? even if we do mobile food order?

I forgot to ask about merchandise bought in the park, will that be sent to the hotel(swan and dolphin), any advantage of using the Disney debit card?

I mean, yes wait times will be more during a holiday week than the week before it. That is always true and nobody here has been saying otherwise. What people have been saying is that they consider high holiday week crowds to be something they can tolerate if they have a good fastpass strategy and mobile order, but the parks will still be wayyyyy more crowded and have higher wait times than the week before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter