Booked at WL and AK where will I go?

jlmorris70

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are supposed to be headed down to WDW on Nov 1st with a split stay. Checking in to WL on Nov 1st and then AK on Nov 3rd - 8th, club level at both. Anyone been moved from these resorts lately? Trying to decide if we are still going to come. It will be me and my two kiddos (7 and 9) and we have been at least 8 times in the last 10 years. Thanks!

First I would suggest you not wait for a surprise by Disney and suggest you call earlier to get your reservations adjusted as in as soon as possible at (407) 939-7630 or (407) 939-1936 .

Have you looked in MDE to see if maybe you have already been moved?

Both reservations are for Deluxe lodgings so you will be moved to Deluxe lodgings. May be to an existing open Deluxe Hotel or DVC depending a dates of your visit and what inventory is available for those specific dates.

The CCV DVC a the WL is a good alternative to a regular WL room but since there is no CL offerings currently available you options for the AKL CL could be the AKL DVC but with some more limited dinning options vs other Deluxe resorts.

As an alternative to AKL CL you might consider YC, GF, or CR as options but again none will offer CL at this time and may not be available during your dates.

Dave

First I would suggest you not wait for a surprise by Disney and suggest you call earlier to get your reservations adjusted as in as soon as possible at (407) 939-7630 or (407) 939-1936 .

Have you looked in MDE to see if maybe you have already been moved?

Both reservations are for Deluxe lodgings so you will be moved to Deluxe lodgings. May be to an existing open Deluxe Hotel or DVC depending a dates of your visit and what inventory is available for those specific dates.

The CCV DVC a the WL is a good alternative to a regular WL room but since there is no CL offerings currently available you options for the AKL CL could be the AKL DVC but with some more limited dinning options vs other Deluxe resorts.

As an alternative to AKL CL you might consider YC, GF, or CR as options but again none will offer CL at this time and may not be available during your dates.

Dave
I had our travel agent call this morning and they are offering a 1-bedroom villa at CCV for the whole stay, no refund on losing club level. I'm going to have to do some research to see if it is even worth it. It was booked with a military discount, so the club level really is a good deal for us and losing it will likely cost us more money.

I had our travel agent call this morning and they are offering a 1-bedroom villa at CCV for the whole stay, no refund on losing club level. I'm going to have to do some research to see if it is even worth it. It was booked with a military discount, so the club level really is a good deal for us and losing it will likely cost us more money.

FWIW, we normally stay CL and have been moved to a couple of villas for stays since July (first time staying in a villa). While thinking about groceries is certainly not our normal vacation mode, I've ordered supplies from Garden Grocer for each stay and have really enjoyed it. Villa layout/amenities make it very quick/easy for breakfasts and quick snacks. Plus ordering exactly what we want from GG is a plus. Also it’s nice to have space in the room to eat to go orders from the quick service locations.

I know you're bummed about losing CL and I can't comment on the cost part of it, but perhaps a small silver lining to make the most of it.

Well, a 1 bedroom is usually more expensive than a regular room when paying cash. So, you are not totally losing out money-wise, even if the 1 bedroom is not a value to you, especially considering the military discount. You could try for a studio at another resort; studios at CCV may be hard to come by and are pretty small. They may refund the price difference for club-level if you move down to a studio. They may not though, if you were getting a significant discount.

We think y’all are very lucky to have CCV.
Every time we ask for CCV we are told sorry
CCV doesn’t honor military discount. We have been trying for years. As a mom , I think you would love to have a washer and dryer in your room.Not leaving the kids behind. Or trying to think when I can do wash.( yea who wants to do wash on vac..?) As a mom I think this save time and money. I think last year when we stayed club we spent $20 on w&d.
Plus spent the whole day going to the first floor to do wash and back. Also to have a kitchen is a plus too. We believe one bedroom saves time and money. Just saying.
Enjoy your trip and don’t forget some restaurants honor military discounts too.
Have fun😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter