Booked for September, now I'm scared

Dingdingding

Mouseketeer
Book for september they said. It will be quiet they said. Star wars land will open in December they said...

If I didn't book my planetickets already I would seriously consider canceling. The trip of a lifetime booked and now I'm really scared.

Some say the lines would only be at HS but that makes no sense; when the park hit capacity the people have to go somewhere. They may even get staff off certain attractions to handle the lines at HS. I'm really regretting booking for this year :guilty:

The amount of panic I’m seeing on forums and Facebook pages is crazy. Who says parks will be at capacity? It’s one ride opening, not the whole new land. I expect it will be a bit busier than a usual September, and I guess weekends (and opening day) will be busy with locals, but I reckon most people will wait for the whole land to open. Why would they bring their trips forward and risk missing the second ride opening?

If it's anything like Pandora it will be packed, we're going in September as thought it would be late fall & now we're there when it opens. I'm hoping the other parks will be quieter but I imagine they will all be busy as there is also food & wine, which we found Epcot busy last year with it.

We go in October and the thought of being scared over the crowds never entered my mind until now ha ha. Stay on the positive side and hope that most people visiting the park will be held up in Star Wars land so they won’t impact all that much on you. Like a previous poster has said make sure you have a decent plan and try to work around it as much as you can. It may not be as bad as you think :drinking:

I'm there in September and mixed about whether I'm excited or not. The crowds worry me but I think the likelihood is that it will be busy and I'm not sure I want to be in that madness. I'm just going to play it by ear and if too busy head over to Animal Kingdom as I'm sure it will be quieter there. As only part of the area is opening the impact may be less anyway as people will wait for the second ride to open but who knows. My friends are going about 2 weeks before me so I'm hoping they scope it out and let me know how it is.

Just a quick point of clarification. When SWGE opens at DHS, bot attractions will Be open. SWRoR will open slightly later out at DL.

To that point, the hype about crowds is really more for DL than DHS. I always forget the actual stat but DL has something like 25 million people that all live within an hours drive from the park. The locals will be the main crowd source. WDW simply does not have the same local fan base. There will be crowds no doubt. However, early September is stil an incredibly difficult month for families with school age children to travel in the States. The diehards will all go out to DL this summer because they won’t want to wait until August for SWGE to open at DHS.

You will still have a wonderful time I’m sure. If for no other reason than that the Poly is wonderful!

Just a quick point of clarification. When SWGE opens at DHS, bot attractions will Be open. SWRoR will open slightly later out at DL.

To that point, the hype about crowds is really more for DL than DHS. I always forget the actual stat but DL has something like 25 million people that all live within an hours drive from the park. The locals will be the main crowd source. WDW simply does not have the same local fan base. There will be crowds no doubt. However, early September is stil an incredibly difficult month for families with school age children to travel in the States. The diehards will all go out to DL this summer because they won’t want to wait until August for SWGE to open at DHS.

You will still have a wonderful time I’m sure. If for no other reason than that the Poly is wonderful!

Both parks have only one ride opening initially, with the second to follow at an unannounced date. However the rest of your point stands, yes its going to be busier than a normal September (especially at weekends from the locals I expect) but it wont be anywhere near as bad as Christmas. The amount of people on certain FB pages who are saying that they are going to cancel their September trips because of the massive crowds is crazy! But let them cancel - will be all the quieter for me!

I'm coming from the UK then too.
I am just excited to be going there and although it will be busy. I think of it as an extra i wasn't expecting.
we just have to keep our expectations real and go with the flow.:tink:pooh::dumbo::tigger::eeyore:

We arrive Mid Sept, fully expecting it to be tough to get into DHS in the Mornings. Fingers crossed the other parks will be quieter as a result!

With a 18 Month old we're not even going to attempt SWGE!

We're booked for September too, but we really dont have another option of when we can go.

Oh well, a busy day at WDW is still 1000x better than a day at work in cold, rainy England! Haha!

We're booked for September too, but we really dont have another option of when we can go.

Oh well, a busy day at WDW is still 1000x better than a day at work in cold, rainy England! Haha!
Absolutely!

It won't be as chaotic as 4th July or Thanksgiving (been there for both). I reckon it'll be like a Spring Break week day in DHS, and weekend everyday elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter