Booked with rented points...now what??

MinnieMe2669

It's Me, MemoryMakers2669
So I am booked for a couple nights next year and have a confirmation number, but what do I do with it? Is there a place on the Disney website for me to log in and add it so I can see the reservation?

So I am booked for a couple nights next year and have a confirmation number, but what do I do with it? Is there a place on the Disney website for me to log in and add it so I can see the reservation?
No I don't think Aulani has one. I stayed on some rented points and wasn't able to see my stay at all. I called and they were able to tell me there was a reservation for me during those dates but couldn't say anything more than that.

I was able to retrieve my reservation with the confirmation number when logged into the Aulani web site using my Disney account login information. That was in 2016, so I'm not sure if that's changed. I could view it to confirm everything was correct, but otherwise, you don't need to "do" anything with it.

I'm in the same boat, and was literally going to post a new message here. I just booked with rented points for next year and I have a confirmation number and am wondering how I ensure I actually have a stay. Do you ever get an email from David's or Disney that shows the actual reservation or is the confirmation number it?

I'm in the same boat, and was literally going to post a new message here. I just booked with rented points for next year and I have a confirmation number and am wondering how I ensure I actually have a stay. Do you ever get an email from David's or Disney that shows the actual reservation or is the confirmation number it?

I don't believe you'd get an email from Disney. I've not worked with David's so I can't say what they provide, but when I rent directly with owners, they usually send me a screenshot of the completed booking that shows the confirmation number. You could probably also call Aulani to say you just want to confirm your reservation details, and they can look it up with the confirmation number. Have you tried logging in and retrieving the reservation from the Aulani web site?

I don't believe you'd get an email from Disney. I've not worked with David's so I can't say what they provide, but when I rent directly with owners, they usually send me a screenshot of the completed booking that shows the confirmation number. You could probably also call Aulani to say you just want to confirm your reservation details, and they can look it up with the confirmation number. Have you tried logging in and retrieving the reservation from the Aulani web site?
So when you try logging in, the only place to "retrieve" the reservation is the online-check in. And that can only be done 10 days from check in. I emailed David's and they sent me a PDF from the person who actually booked for me. I'm feeling better now.

Oh - I was just about to post that you should get an agreement from David's with the confirmation number on it and I see that you did in another post.

So when you try logging in, the only place to "retrieve" the reservation is the online-check in. And that can only be done 10 days from check in. I emailed David's and they sent me a PDF from the person who actually booked for me. I'm feeling better now.

Gotcha - that must be different from when we went. I was able to link it to my Disney account. Glad they got you some additional proof though!

I rented points for our June 2019 trip and received confirmation/ welcome email from Aulani after confirmation from DVC. And another email from Aulani as our dates got closer.

I rented points for our June 2019 trip and received confirmation/ welcome email from Aulani after confirmation from DVC. And another email from Aulani as our dates got closer.
How much later was that? I rented last Thursday and still didn't get anything directly from Aulani.

A follow up to my post above... today is 90 days until my arrival at Aulani and I received an email from Aulani today about my upcoming stay.

Interesting - we rented points last spring for this January and are less than 90 days out and haven't received anything beyond confirmation from David's when we booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!