Booking a full day tour to Versailles

Kanga1

DIS Veteran
We will be spending 10 days at DLP in late June. We would like to spend one full day at Versailles. How easy is it to book a day tour once we get to DLP? Do these tours sell out often? Can concierge (Newport Bay) help us with this?

Any advice is appreciated!! Thank you so much!

I don’t know about these day tours but it’s easy enough to just hop on the train and go there yourself. Once you arrive at the station it’s just a few minutes walk to Versailles.

As DLP sells a few tours via their website, I think the concierge is able to help you with those, not sure if Versailles is among them. If you take a private tour, you can always ask if they can help, but I think most people who make use of private tours book them either via website of the touring companies or via e-mail.

A tour isn't worth it. Getting there by train is very simple. The RER stop is a few minutes from the entrance to Versailles and everyone that gets off at that stop heads towards the palace. You just have to follow the crowd. Even buying tickets for the train is easy as the ticket machines have a button where you can select your starting point and select from a number of popular destinations (Versailles and Disney are both on there). You don't have to figure out zones or anything, the machine does it for you and gives you the correct ticket.

Once you get through the entrance line there is a place that they give you an audio guide for free. All of the rooms have number plates in them. You just punch the number into the audio guide and it gives you a speech with history and information on what you are looking at. I do recommend spending the money and getting the skip the line tickets online before you go if you don't do a tour. We didn't and ended up waiting in a very long line for about an hour and a half to get in. The skip the line tickets have a specific time to enter and you go to a much shorter line to get through security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter