coronationday

Mouseketeer
I'm planning a trip for January of 2022 and I'm considering using a travel agent to help me find the best discount for a room in the art of animation. The thing is I also want to book dvc points in the Grand Floridian for the last two night of my trip as a surprise for my mom who dreams of staying there. We have a very tight budget that’s why I would be renting and not booking directly through Disney. I imagine that the travel agent won't help me to rent the points. My question is how would this work for fast pass, dining reservations, and working with the travel agent.

Whether you book direct, rent points or use a TA, when you have a split stay you won't be able to make dining reservations for your entire stay because Disney's system is set up based on the dates of your reservation. If the reservation says January 15-20 you will only be able to book dining and fast passes for those dates. You would then have to wait for the new "opening" date for your last two nights.

You can simply book the AoA portion of the trip with the TA and then rent points for your last two nights at VGF. As Happy99 said, prior to everything shutting down at WDW, rule of thumb was, for ADRs split stays were seen as two separate reservations so you would have two ADR reservation dates. For FP+, the window for your entire stay would open 60 days prior to your first day of check-in. WDW is currently re-doing its entire system - ADR date is now 60 days prior to arrival and FP+ have, for now, been eliminated. We just don't know, at this time, what things will look like for 2022. I would just keep your eye on these boards to see where everything stands as you get closer to your trip.

Thank you both for the information. I would keep an eye out on new information as things keep going back to normal. Thank you!!
Whether you book direct, rent points or use a TA, when you have a split stay you won't be able to make dining reservations for your entire stay because Disney's system is set up based on the dates of your reservation. If the reservation says January 15-20 you will only be able to book dining and fast passes for those dates. You would then have to wait for the new "opening" date for your last two nights.
You can simply book the AoA portion of the trip with the TA and then rent points for your last two nights at VGF. As Happy99 said, prior to everything shutting down at WDW, rule of thumb was, for ADRs split stays were seen as two separate reservations so you would have two ADR reservation dates. For FP+, the window for your entire stay would open 60 days prior to your first day of check-in. WDW is currently re-doing its entire system - ADR date is now 60 days prior to arrival and FP+ have, for now, been eliminated. We just don't know, at this time, what things will look like for 2022. I would just keep your eye on these boards to see where everything stands as you get closer to your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!