Booking advice

Girlyanne

Earning My Ears
For the first time ever I booked using a TA for our April 2018 vacation. I just requested a change in our original booking to a different resort. After the changes were made she emailed me the details of the changes. So I asked if she booked us under the current promotion the book by Nov 15th one. She said there wasn't rooms available for it at POR - preferred room. I then looked online for myself and there were rooms with the promotion. What are your thoughts on this? Should I insist she try again? Do I keep using her as a TA?

Each their own. I don’t like ta and rather do myself. They special you saw might have been a non commissionable rate so the ta might not see the inventory loaded or does not want to book it due to a loss of fees

Fin it’s cheaper to book yourself with that promotion, then I would say book it yourself. My TA had better deals with the agent exclusive deals, than I could have booked with the Disney promotions.

I don't use a TA because then every time I think of making a change I have to go through them. I think it makes more sense for you to go ahead and book that promotion. I'm sure there is a reason the TA is telling you they don't "see" it.

I have been unhappy with trips booked through TA's in the past. Now I only use a TA if they can offer significant savings over what I can get booking directly. If you can get a better rate, book it yourself online.

Thank you all so much!!
Do you have a way of how to unbook with her so I don’t feel rude??

I would just tell her that you checked online and saw that it was available, so could she please try again.

I found an AP discount online once for AKL that was cheaper than the TA discount so I just told her I found it online could she please change it.

If she still doesn't then cancel with her. You don't need to worry about feeling rude, it's your vacation after all. Just politely tell her that you've decided you would like to cancel your reservation.

Each their own. I don’t like ta and rather do myself. They special you saw might have been a non commissionable rate so the ta might not see the inventory loaded or does not want to book it due to a loss of fees

There is no such thing as a non-commissionable room rate when booking a WDW resort. She very well didn't see the promotion as the website has been incredibly glitchy over the past few days and availability changes moment by moment.

Thank you all so much!!
Do you have a way of how to unbook with her so I don’t feel rude??

In your case, if you see the promotion, snag it. As I said, availability changes constantly, so if you can get a deal, get it now. Just tell the TA you want to cancel the reservation you made through her. If you would like to continue working with her (if she offers added value somehow), you can always transfer the new reservation to her.

I agree with buzznina and SanitsManiac. You're dealing with the wrong travel agency if they can't save you money. Maybe not every reservation but most times either actual savings and/or special credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter