Booking as a UK customer. Solo traveler

ScottishFansie

Earning My Ears
Hi there.

I am looking into doing Adventures by Disney Behind the magic in 2019 when I hopeful come to California for D23. However I live in the UK and I am unsure how to boo or enquire for this experience. I have checked with local travel agents who are unable to book the holiday. Am I able to book through US travel agents such as Dreams Unlimited Travel?

Anyone had experience as UK customer?

Also I will most like be travelling alone (mainly as I don't know anyone as disney geeky as me). Any advice or tips for a solo traveller on ABD.

Thanks

Carrie

Carrie, I'm not from the UK, but I am from Canada so I can speak from the experience of not having a local agent who can book for you. Most of the agents here looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language when I mentioned Adventures by Disney. It's not widely known of here in Canada. Definitely speak to a Disney agent like Dreams Unlimited. I used a Disney agent (not Dreams Unlimited but another one) and they were able to book both my ABDs for me without trouble.

Hi there.

I am looking into doing Adventures by Disney Behind the magic in 2019 when I hopeful come to California for D23. However I live in the UK and I am unsure how to boo or enquire for this experience. I have checked with local travel agents who are unable to book the holiday. Am I able to book through US travel agents such as Dreams Unlimited Travel?

Anyone had experience as UK customer?

Also I will most like be travelling alone (mainly as I don't know anyone as disney geeky as me). Any advice or tips for a solo traveller on ABD.

Thanks

Carrie
ABD is a fabulous way to travel as a solo! The Adventure Guides are really marvelous at making the whole group gel as a family, and making sure no-one is left out. I've done 9 ABDs as a solo, and just absolutely loved it! Let me know if you have ANY questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Also, solo travelers must pay a Single Supplement (pretty standard stuff in the travel business) and for ABD, it's an additional 40% above the per person double occupancy price.

Sayhello

I’m booked on my 3rd ABD and are from Australia. I just call the ABD line and book directly.
My previous 2 trips were solo but this tome the boyfriend is joining me :)
Everyone on previous tours were very friendly and you make some great friends.

I have checked with local travel agents who are unable to book the holiday. Am I able to book through US travel agents such as Dreams Unlimited Travel?
Yes you are. I've done quite a few DIS/Dreams Unlimited special ABD's and its not unusual at all for there to be foreign guests with us. I'd suggest you contact Kevin@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com for more info. Just be aware he is traveling for the next 10+ days and may not be able to respond quickly.

I did the Rhine cruise solo (specially the food and wine) and I felt included and made good friends.

I'm going to be the dissenting voice here and say that as non-Americans we did not feel welcomed or included on either of our ABDs. In fact on our Central Europe trip we were purposely excluded from the "group".

What makes you think they excluded you because you were not American?

Sayhello

We were the only non-American's on the tour and it was made pretty apparent from the outset that we were not part of the group. I'm pretty good at reading body language and it was obvious that they didn't want to include us, no matter how hard we tried. Body language and actions speak louder than words and their body language and actions were screaming we were not welcome.

We have done a 3 ABD's and had solo travelers on 2 of the 3. We enjoyed getting to know them on the trips and they seemed to have a great time. On our first trip, the Italy trip, our solo traveler ended up eating dinner during the OYO time with every family, which she said she really enjoyed. There are often couples and solos, so it's pretty easy to meet and talk to people. Sometimes you have to fake it til you make it or put yourself out there if you aren't naturally into small talk. I think Disney and group travel, in general, can be a great way to travel solo if you can swing it. I've done it a few times truly solo and while it's enjoyable it can get lonely, and a group trip with other people can help alleviate some of the loneliness. As with all groups, you will gravitate towards others throughout the trip and sometimes there are people you just don't click with, but I have made some wonderful friends through travel, ABD very much included!

We were the only non-American's on the tour and it was made pretty apparent from the outset that we were not part of the group. I'm pretty good at reading body language and it was obvious that they didn't want to include us, no matter how hard we tried. Body language and actions speak louder than words and their body language and actions were screaming we were not welcome.
I think it's a stretch to *assume* (which is what you are doing) that it was because you weren't American. I think if this really happened, there are a myriad of reasons why it might have occurred, and you are doing the OP, other readers, and your fellow travelers a dis-service by *assuming* that it was because you were being discriminated against based on your nationality. I think that's a serious accusation, and needs specific evidence for such a specific charge. I'm not saying that you weren't being excluded. Your feelings are your own. But ascribing it to prejudice based on your nationality with no evidence is not an accusation to be taken lightly.

Sayhello

We have done a 3 ABD's and had solo travelers on 2 of the 3. We enjoyed getting to know them on the trips and they seemed to have a great time. On our first trip, the Italy trip, our solo traveler ended up eating dinner during the OYO time with every family, which she said she really enjoyed. There are often couples and solos, so it's pretty easy to meet and talk to people. Sometimes you have to fake it til you make it or put yourself out there if you aren't naturally into small talk. I think Disney and group travel, in general, can be a great way to travel solo if you can swing it. I've done it a few times truly solo and while it's enjoyable it can get lonely, and a group trip with other people can help alleviate some of the loneliness. As with all groups, you will gravitate towards others throughout the trip and sometimes there are people you just don't click with, but I have made some wonderful friends through travel, ABD very much included!
I totally agree with this!

Sayhello

On our China trip, we had a handful of solo travelers and they just all fell into the mix perfectly! Sometimes they were on their own (by choice) in markets or whatever, but I saw many singles together doing things like time on your own activities!

I'm a solo traveller from Germany, living in Jordan. Booked my first ABD with Dreamsunlimited (Kevin) and it turned out nothing short of spectacular. So much, that I'm about to book my second one next week.
I was always included, made new friends and was having a blast with the 2 guides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!