Booking at 11 month window BLT

jwinky

Mouseketeer
I'm new to DVC forums and would like some advice. I keep reading that first two weeks of Dec are peak demand for DVC. So I have a couple of questions for an upcoming 2021 trip:
1. Is Nov 28 to Dec 4 2021 consider peak time?
2. If I have BLT as my home resort, what order should I book my rooms at 11 months? I need a combination of 2 studios and 2 bedroom villa.
3. I'll assume that I need to factor in extra points for lake view studios if std is taken up by the "walkers". Do I need to take same assumption for the 2 bed villas?

I have an additional trip this Aug/Sep 2020 with the hope to stay on DVC property, so trying to make sure I bank/borrow appropriately for 2021.

The first and second weeks of December are currently the first and third highest dvc demand weeks of the year. Nov 28 to 30 are only a little less and those end of Nov dates can be equal to the first week of Dec when Dec 1 is Monday or Tuesday.

You should assume for the times you want that BLT standard studios have a significant risk of filling within moments after 8 a.m. at 11 months out, which also takes away 2BR lock-offs, and the dedicated 2BRs also have a risk of disappearing moments after 8 a.m. Also be aware that BLT standard studios and 2BRs often disappear very quickly after 8.m. during many other times of the year.

Though lake view rooms last longer than any others at BLT, for the time you want, there is still some risk that studios could disappear early in the morning after the 11 month window opens at 8 a.m. In other words, your safest strategy to assure getting rooms at BLT for the dates you want may be to drop the idea of standard view rooms and go directly for lake view, starting with the studios.

Late Nov/early Dec will be difficult to book, especially if you want a standard view. You should book them studio, studio, then 2BR. Factoring in extra points for the studios is wise, but the 2BR should probably be safe.

Honestly, to reduce the stress of trying to get 3 rooms secured in just a few minutes during a competitive booking time of year, you should probably walk all of the reservations.

The first and second weeks of December are currently the first and third highest dvc demand weeks of the year. Nov 28 to 30 are only a little less and those end of Nov dates can be equal to the first week of Dec when Dec 1 is Monday or Tuesday.

You should assume for the times you want that BLT standard studios have a significant risk of filling within moments after 8 a.m. at 11 months out, which also takes away 2BR lock-offs, and the dedicated 2BRs also have a risk of disappearing moments after 8 a.m. Also be aware that BLT standard studios and 2BRs often disappear very quickly after 8.m. during many other times of the year.

Though lake view rooms last longer than any others at BLT, for the time you want, there is still some risk that studios could disappear early in the morning after the 11 month window opens at 8 a.m. In other words, your safest strategy to assure getting rooms at BLT for the dates you want may be to drop the idea of standard view rooms and go directly for lake view, starting with the studios.

Thank you for confirming my assumptions. I know what to expect when I start booking. I think I might look at going during the week before Thanksgiving to better my chances on what I want. It's crazy to think that many people plan so far in advance, but I'm now joinng them too.

Late Nov/early Dec will be difficult to book, especially if you want a standard view. You should book them studio, studio, then 2BR. Factoring in extra points for the studios is wise, but the 2BR should probably be safe.

Honestly, to reduce the stress of trying to get 3 rooms secured in just a few minutes during a competitive booking time of year, you should probably walk all of the reservations.

Thanks for your advice. I will have to consider walking if I really want those standard views. I'm okay with going lake view for now. I'm afraid I'd prob be the person who would forget to walk and lose out of all 3 rooms for the week I want to travel.

Thank you for confirming my assumptions. I know what to expect when I start booking. I think I might look at going during the week before Thanksgiving to better my chances on what I want. It's crazy to think that many people plan so far in advance, but I'm now joinng them too.

The other option is to consider starting a walk of each one a few weeks before. This way, you try to get one of the rooms you want at 8 am. The next day, try for another, and the third day, the last.

Once you have been able to snag them, you can walk each until you get the dates you want,

Of course, assuming LV would be an easier option because you should Be okay without walking.

FWIW, n=1, I was able to snag a 2br standard (ded) at 8am on the dot, 11 mo to the day, over Thanksgiving back in 2018. But as soon as I had booked it, the whole room category was gone. I would have walked it, but my MIL decided to join us so we had to switch from a 1br to a 2br at the last minute.

FWIW, n=1, I was able to snag a 2br standard (ded) at 8am on the dot, 11 mo to the day, over Thanksgiving back in 2018. But as soon as I had booked it, the whole room category was gone. I would have walked it, but my MIL decided to join us so we had to switch from a 1br to a 2br at the last minute.

Thanks for sharing your own experience. I'll have a full year to figure all this stuff out. I'm glad the disboard here to offer sound advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter