Booking Direct vs Travel Agent

Star3

Mouseketeer
Do you find that booking direct through the WDW website provides the best deals for hotels, park tickets and dining, or do you get better deals using a travel agent?

I’m not going till 202 so I was planning on booking the hotel as soon as they go on sale and booking the flights later when they became available.

If anyone has any tips they can share, they would be gratefully appreciated. It’s been 20 years since I last went to WDW!

We booked POFQ through Disney then waited for flights to come live from virgin. This was a better deal than booking a package with Virgin which we have done twice previously. We secured ‘free’ QS dining and a $100 gift card.
I've since learned that if we had booked earlier, the gift card value would have been even higher.
TBH I didn’t like booking the accommodation before the flights were available but with hindsight, it was the best decision. We cannot find the same deal through virgin holidays. We feel that booking accommodation through WDW and flights through virgin gave us the best deal. 205 days till we return - not that I’m counting! We haven’t been since 2012.
Good luck!

For most of our visits, we have booked as soon as free DDP became available, and always direct with Disney. We booked direct as Disney have always been excellent at tweaking our stay to tie in with our flights (which usually aren’t;t available to book until the September for the following August), and the agents have gone above and beyond to get us exactly what we wanted.

Disney are more flex for changes and also for choosing number of nights. Tour companies want generally say 7 or 14 nights.

also look out for UK free dining info for next year. We booked early Apr last year for this Aug. There was also a site preregistration page for about 3 weeks before which increased the $200 gift card to be increased to $300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts