Booking Ice Cream Social.....

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
I just made my reservations for the ice cream social and they required a credit card to hold the reservations.

This is something new, because I didn't need a credit card last year.

Just wanted to give all of you a "heads up"!!

I booked mine yesterday and they didn't ask for one...should I call back?

We booked yesterday as well, without a credit card. I don't understand why they would want a credit card for the Ice Cream Social when they don't require a credit card for the much more expensive restaurants (unless you make a PS for a major holiday or a PS at Cindy's for breakfast).

Hmmmm, I don't know why they would have required a CC if no one else needed one.

Thanks for the updates.......I'm gonna call them NOW!

I booked a couple of weeks ago for the icecream social and needed a credit card but then had to cancel. I called on Friday to rebook and was told I didn't need a credit card. I asked if that was right b/c I was required to leave on a couple of weeks ago. The CM said the only PS that requires a credit card is CRT. I called right back and another CM told me the same thing. Apparently it depends on who you get. I wish they'd all have the same info.

Very frustrating. I called back and questioned the necessity of a CC to make reservations. The CM told me that it's 'in the system' that a CC is required to reserve this event because it has limited seating.

Too bad all the CM's don't read and/or do the same thing. No big deal, though......just happy to be going to WDW! :cool:

I had to have a credit card also for ours. April :Pinkbounc

I just called to make our PS and was asked for a CC#. I questioned the CM and he put me on hold to check He seemed slightly annoyed when I asked him if he was sure and explained that it was my understanding that you only needed a CC# for CRT. Sure enough, he came back and said I was right. I thanked him for checking and he thanked me for bringing it to his attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter