Booking RCCL

ticketwm35

Mouseketeer
So I want to book a cruise with RCCL do you guys have any suggestions who I should book it with I know there are a lot of travel agencies that offer specials.Can you all give me suggestions

Thanks Leslie

I haven’t used DU myself but they do seem to have a good reputation.

Personally I use a local cruise-focused travel agent that my parents have been using to book cruises for years. Last cruise they gave us extra OBC. Others, we’ve gotten some wine.

The important thing (imo) with using a TA is to ensure you have a good rapport and feel comfortable with using them. If you don’t have that feeling switch TAs or go it alone.

My TA always seems to get a better rate than I can get plus an OBC. The agencies can book blocks of rooms at a discount.

My TA doesn't give OBC or much of anything anymore.....bottle of champagne, which we don't drink (AAA).
Just booked using Costco last night. I have used them twice before.

So I took the advice from everyone and I called cruise.com on wednesday it’s now Saturday and I am still waiting on a call back.So on Thursday even I decided to email Dreams unlimited and guess what still haven’t heard from them.I spoke to RCCL but I really want to book withTA that gave OBC.Not sure how much longer I should wait to hear back from these agencies.I am very upset with the responds of them.Anyone have any suggestions on a TA

Leslie

We have booked a lot of cruises through several different agencies and yet to find a hands-down winner. I would prefer to book everything myself online, but usually have to use a person in order to get to connecting cabins. Easiest for searching different cruises and figuring out I want is definitely the Vacations To Go website. Several times we have booked through crucon as their specials include extra perks, prepaid gratuities, and more obc than I have seen offered through anyone else (best for NCL and most other non-Disney cruises). I tried two separate years with the sponsors of this board, both times gave up after days waiting for a response, but others have reported much better experiences. (Both eventually responded after I had already booked, but the special I booked under was over by then, so hard to know how their cost would have compared.) My best luck has been with personal recommendations for a specific TA. Someone once pm'ed me the name and contact info for her favorite Disney Vacation Planner, and she has been life-changing for all resort stays! Cruises are still trial and error. If we had a Costco, I'd probably book most through them, especially Carnival which doesn't give TAs much leeway for extras.

So I took the advice from everyone and I called cruise.com on wednesday it’s now Saturday and I am still waiting on a call back.So on Thursday even I decided to email Dreams unlimited and guess what still haven’t heard from them.I spoke to RCCL but I really want to book withTA that gave OBC.Not sure how much longer I should wait to hear back from these agencies.I am very upset with the responds of them.Anyone have any suggestions on a TA

Leslie

Thinking about getting in touch with a TA that friend of DW knows. We have a 4 night in 2020 that I booked with RCCL after seeing a good offer in email from RCCL. While on Oasis last Nov. an email came through with what looked like a better price. Went to Next Cruise and spoke with rep. who checked online and determined that the price HAD GONE DOWN but he could not do anything with already booked cruise. He called RCCL, gave me the phone and changes were made saving some $$$$$. Saw recent 30% off email so went online to see what adding DD and DSIL would be. Under $100/day for each in the 2nd bedroom of our stern suite with Concierge perks. When DW gets TA info we will double check to see if any extras would be available using agency. Some more OBC would be nice.

Last edited:

Leslie

You are reaching out to big agencies that handles thousands of cruises daily. The smaller agencies or independent contractors who specialize in cruises offer a more personal experience and respond quickly. I don't think we are allowed to recommend travel agents here, since the board is run by a travel agency. But there are many here if you look around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!