Booking through the WD UK page

matwe

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.

We are a family from Sweden looking to visit WD - Orlando this autumn.
I noticed that about a week ago the prices for WD resorts in October on the UK page were a lot better than the once on the US site. UK site were posting prices for deluxe resorts where you would get "2 nights free" when booking a 7-night stay. UnfortunatelyI didn't book at the time and suddenly these prices were gone.

Someone said that booking through the UK site requires one to be a UK resident. I live in Sweden but I have family in the UK, would it be enough to give a UK address when booking through the UK site?

Hej, from a Norwegian that lives in UK :) I'm not 100% sure about this, but I couldn't find anything in the booking conditions on the website, so I think you can. The only thing I think I've seen somewhere is that the ticket prices are for UK residents only, but I can't even find anything about that right now. I think I've seen a post a while ago though from someone else that wanted to book from Europe that was told the uk website could be used for any European country. But as I said, I don't know this for sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully someone else here knows a bit more.

Thanks GirlDreamer.
Maybe I can just pop a mail to the Disney UK site and ask.

Hi matwe,
booking via Disney UK should be no problem at all.
I'm from Germany and did so last year. I could even use my own address, so don't worry, it should be the same for you :)
It can also be useful to compare prices between UK and Ireland.

Was in this year or next October you were hoping to book? Sorry I can't help, but with regards to you missing the offer when you book, hold out until 21st April as the free dining plan and $200 gift card offer will be released on the UK site then. I'm sitting on tenterhooks waiting! :D

Thanks Prinzessin, that was really good information!

OrlandoBelle, it was for this year. How do you know that free dining and gift card will be released on April 21st? Has Disney released that info somewhere?

The gift card should be part of the free dining deal for 2017 stays released on april 21st

Change to the Irish site (language selection at the top of the screen) to see rates in euros
Depending on the exchange rate it might be cheaper than booking in sterling.

ok chmurf, I was hoping there would be a discount for this year.

(Euro prices were currently higher than Sterling £)

Thanks Prinzessin, that was really good information!

OrlandoBelle, it was for this year. How do you know that free dining and gift card will be released on April 21st? Has Disney released that info somewhere?

I'm a member of a UK Disney forum and rumours have been circulating for weeks. A few travel agents have let slip with a date and many people have received emails with details of the offer and a date. This is for 2017 bookings though.

I'm a member of a UK Disney forum and rumours have been circulating for weeks. A few travel agents have let slip with a date and many people have received emails with details of the offer and a date. This is for 2017 bookings though.
Allright, that sounds good. Still hoping that something will come out for fall 2016.

There was ..in a form of free nights depending on length of stay ... But it ended last week..
But that was for Spring and summer right? Or have there been discounts for 2016 fall which have ended already?

Allright, that sounds good. Still hoping that something will come out for fall 2016.

Here's what was posted...
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This is the info that went out to registered Disney agents today:

*Excludes Disney’s Grand Floridian Villas, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, 3 bedroom villas and suites
**Excludes arrivals 30 March – 16 April 2017
†Excludes Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: Little Mermaid (VA) only.
‡Certain menu items may incur an additional cost.

Free Dine‡ Offer is available to book 21 April – 3 November, 2016 for selected arrivals 1 January – 29 March, 2017 and 17 April – 30 November, 2017.** Stays are subject to room availability. Eligibility for the Disney Free Dine offer requires a minimum length of stay of 5 consecutive nights, and a maximum of 21 consecutive nights at the same participating Disney Resort Hotel. A Disney Dining Plan must be selected for all members of the party travelling who are aged 3 and over at time of travel and for the full duration of the stay. Children aged 3-9 (at time of visit) must order from the children’s menu where available. Disney Dining Plans are not valid for children under 3 years. Offer is only available if a package including accommodation at a Walt Disney World Moderate Resort and participating Disney Deluxe Resort or select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, plus Disney Tickets for the whole party and a Disney Dining Plan are booked together. Gratuities are not included, an optional 18% tip will be automatically added to your table service bill. The number and type of rooms allocated to this offer are limited and subject to availability.

Free BreakfastOffer is available to book 21 April – 7 July, 2016 for selected arrivals 1 January – 29 March, 2017 and 17 April – 29 October, 2017. Bookings must include 5 nights minimum stay at a participating Walt Disney World Value Hotel plus purchase of Disney Tickets for the whole party travelling to receive a free breakfast (Quick Service Meal Voucher) per person per night of stay. Quick Service Meal Vouchers are not valid for children under 3 years. Children aged 3-9 (at time of visit) must order from the children’s menu where available.

Disney Dining Plans - Disney Quick Service Dining Plan includes per person per night’s stay: 2 Self Service Meals, 2 Selected Snacks and 1 Refillable Resort Mug. Disney Dining Plan includes per person per night’s stay: 1 Self Service Meal, 1 Waiter Service Meal, 2 Selected Snacks and 1 Refillable Resort Mug.
• Disney Dining Plan definitions: Quick Service Meal includes a choice from any Quick (Counter) Service Restaurant of one main course, one dessert (except at breakfast) and one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage; OR one complete combo meal with dessert (except at breakfast) and one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage.
• Table Service Meal includes a choice of one main course, one dessert (except at breakfast) and one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage; OR one full buffet and one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage. Dessert is not available with breakfast but may be replaced with one single-serving non-alcoholic beverage.
• Snack is a choice of ONE of the following: medium fountain soft drink, one 20oz bottle of soft drink or water, 12 oz coffee or hot chocolate or hot tea, single serving pre packed milk or juice, one popcorn scoop (single serving box), one frozen ice cream novelty or piece of fruit at selected locations.
• Refillable Resort Mug entitles the guest to unlimited refills of fountain soda from the Quick (Counter) Service Restaurant in the Resort Hotel where the guest is staying. Mugs are not eligible for refills in Theme Park, Water Park or Disney Springs locations.

Participating Disney Value Resorts (Free Breakfast Offer only): Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Pop Century, Disney’s Art of Animation†
Participating Disney Moderate Resorts*: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Port Orleans Resorts
Participating Disney Deluxe Resorts*: Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Boardwalk Inn, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Yacht Club
Participating Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts*: Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.
Memory Maker includes Disney PhotoPass® photos and other digital content taken during the Memory Maker window and linked to the Memory Maker guest’s Disney account. If Memory Maker is sold or ordered in combination with a park ticket, the Memory Maker window for that Memory Maker entitlement will be equal to the usage window of the associated park ticket and will automatically begin upon the first use of the associated park ticket. The Memory Maker window will end upon the sooner of either the expiration or depletion of the park ticket. A MagicBand is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Photos and other digital content will expire pursuant to the expiration policy at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support. Valid theme park admission required for certain photo locations. Memory Maker is subject to Memory Maker terms and conditions at mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/memory-maker-terms

FastPass+: Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ experiences, the number of selections you can make and arrival windows are limited.

Hope this helps!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=943675&page=10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter