Booking thru DCL vs Travel agent for FL Res Rate?

Bonnie1222

DIS Veteran
I am curious. I am a Florida resident and I can book DCL Florida Resident rate directly with DCL. I have read on threads here that a lot book with travel agents or Discount clubs like Costco.

We have cruised with Disney using DVC points, and DH and I were gifted a cruise for out 25th anniversary that DH's mom booked and paid for with her TA.

Can I book and get the FLRR if I book it with my TA? Is there a benefit of doing this rather than dealing directly with Disney? Do you get something different? And if I book with my TA, can I still get the Disney Chase benefit of 6 month free financing?

I can tell you we transferred our onboard booking rate to the FL resident rates that were released for our upcoming sailing, all through our TA! We went from an inside standard to a verandah for $7! :teeth:
She just needed a scanned copy of one Driver's License for proof of residency. Our TA offers a $100 onboard credit, so that's definitely a plus. TA's also offer services such as processing payments, reserving extras like Palo/Remy, in-room gifts, and more for you. They're also your one-on-one contact rather than calling DCL.

Not positive about the Disney Chase question - I'm sure it still applies, since it's not a double-discounting your cruise fare. It's a deal from Disney Chase rather than DCL so you should be good!

A TA should be able to book any rate available to the general public -- including FLR, MTO, *GT.

As to benefits over booking direct through DCL -- some TA's offer "perks" to their clients. It might be an onboard credit, a basket of goodies, photo package, bottle of wine, etc. you'd need to ask your TA what is offered.

Most TA's pass payment directly through to DCL's system -- meaning the payment shows on your CC as DCL. A few TA's have you pay the agency and then cut an agency check to DCL, possibly covering multiple clients at once. If payment is passed direct to DCL, then you should still be able to take advantage of the Disney Chase financing offer.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you both. I'll have to check with a friend that is a TA and see if she can offer anything extra.

I would book directly with DCL to get it all set up then transfer it to Costco.

Then you get a Costco Cash card worth 8.5% of your cruise cost.

I would book directly with DCL to get it all set up then transfer it to Costco.

Then you get a Costco Cash card worth 8.5% of your cruise cost.

That will only work if you don't have to pay in full at the time of booking. Once a reservation is paid in full it cannot be transferred. Since most DCL special offers (including FLR) come out after the PIF date, the special offer must be PIF at booking rather than just a deposit.

Enjoy your cruise!

That will only work if you don't have to pay in full at the time of booking. Once a reservation is paid in full it cannot be transferred. Since most DCL special offers (including FLR) come out after the PIF date, the special offer must be PIF at booking rather than just a deposit.

Enjoy your cruise!

True, you cannot transfer after PIF date, but you can book thru Costco instead of DCL and get both the great rate and the cash card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter