Booking using both direct and resale.

Heyni

Earning My Ears
I would like to know from y'all, if I book using my direct contract points 11 months in advance for my home resort and I do not have enough points then I would need to use my re-sale contract for the outstanding points would I be able to do so? Even if my resale contract is not for that home resort but I do have enough points on it for that use year.
I hope you guys get me and thank you!!! ;-)

Resale vs Direct does not enter into it (unless either is Riviera). At 11 months you can book your home resort, for the amounts of points that specific resorts contract has access too. There would not be any outstanding points to owe, as you would not be able to book more nights than those points allowed.

At 7 months you could attempt to addon additional nights, using the non home resort points

As a side note, you would also not be able to change the 11 month reservation to use the non hone resort points, unless there would be availability for a brand new reservation. You can't use home resort points to reserve your spot, and swap them to cheaper points later.

Points never change home resort regardless of what other points are owned by a member. So, I at 11 months, you can only book with points for that resort. At 7 months, you can then use other points to add nights or modify your reservation to replace any nights still available at beginning or end of your trip with the non home resort points, providing those points can be used.

Right now, the only restriction will be RIV. If one buys resale now, they could not use those points at 7 months at RIV, even if they buy direct RIV from Disney.

Right now, the only restriction will be RIV. If one buys resale now, they could not use those points at 7 months at RIV, even if they buy direct RIV from Disney.

This doesn't seem clear to me. If you buy direct from Disney, you shouldn't have restrictions at 7 months. The problem is for buying on the resale market at RIV.

That's probably why they wrote, "If one buys resale now..."

If you purchase a resale, a later direct purchase at RIV will not remove the resale restrictions from the resale points.

This doesn't seem clear to me. If you buy direct from Disney, you shouldn't have restrictions at 7 months. The problem is for buying on the resale market at RIV.

The direct points will be eligible for all resorts yes. But resale points bought now would not be eligible to book at 7 months with the RiV points at RiV.

That was my point. Owning non restricted direct points will not make resale point non restricted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts