Bottled water on Allure of the Seas

Macprincess

Mouseketeer
We are a family that drinks a ton of water and on our cruise would prefer bottled water. Does anyone know the current price of buying the bottled water package that is delivered to your stateroom? Am I correct in assuming that we can not bring a case of water on board? Thanks.

Technically speaking you’re not allowed to bring water on board. In practice it usually isn’t an issue. I brought a case aboard last August (as carry on) with no issues.

Thank you! I think we will try and see if they will let us bring it on board since it cost me less than $4.00 a case on land and it's $39 for a 12 pack of water from their water package. If they won't allow it that's fine I'll only be out $4.00.

repeating an oft mentioned fact

most bottled water is locally sourced water that is purified by the reverse osmosis method. Often some salts are added back in for flavor.

most cruise ships produce their fresh water from seawater via reverse osmosis systems, sometimes augmented by actual heat distillation systems. Additionally the 'rules' require testing ship's water supplies MUCH more rigorously than 'bottled water' producers ....

in other words the tap water on the ship is typically as and often more pure than typical bottled water.

So unless paying for 'spring water' <and even then>, bring some sport bottles and refill as needed for free ...reduce your plastic footprint ... it is the same water they are using for your ice, soft drinks, coffee, tea and cooking . . .

On my last RCL cruise (Nov) there were big dispensers of iced water at every bar for you to fill up for free .... and btw if you have the delux drink package bottled spring water is included

I tend to agree, but as my wife doesn't like the "taste" of the ship's drinking water, I'll still bring aboard the bottles of spring water. Logic and fact is great and all, but a happy spouse trumps everything else. :)

And this is neither here nor there, but I was under the assumption that they used those giant ice makers that don't require water?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter