Bought into DVC and now I’m addicted

WDWfanMark

Earning My Ears
Back in August of last year I bought my first contract resale at Saratoga Springs. Once I owned the contract I immediately booked my first trip for January at Boardwalk in a 1 bedroom. I purchased with the idea of going every other year. Before I even went on my first trip, I booked a second trip. The plan was to go for the Epcot Forever show that temporarily replaces Illuminations (still waiting to hear when that changeover will happen) I had my trip in January and I am in love with DVC. A little over a month after my first trip, I’m thinking about saving money again for a second trip. I need help, LOL.

Back in August of last year I bought my first contract resale at Saratoga Springs. Once I owned the contract I immediately booked my first trip for January at Boardwalk in a 1 bedroom. I purchased with the idea of going every other year. Before I even went on my first trip, I booked a second trip. The plan was to go for the Epcot Forever show that temporarily replaces Illuminations (still waiting to hear when that changeover will happen) I had my trip in January and I am in love with DVC. A little over a month after my first trip, I’m thinking about saving money again for a second trip. I need help, LOL.

If you haven't yet do not....i repeat...do not buy an annual pass. That was by far our biggest downfall now into our 3rd contract. Hahaha!! We love our DVC too.

If you haven't yet do not....i repeat...do not buy an annual pass. That was by far our biggest downfall now into our 3rd contract. Hahaha!! We love our DVC too.
I have not done that...yet. But I kinda want to go twice a year now.

You're right!! It's addicting! It was funny to see that Pete and the DIS folks put on a DVC show, and by the end of the second recording, Pete went out and bought a DVC Contract!!

But I'm with you: We bought our first DVC contract last year resale, and are now on the waitlist for 75 pts direct at BLT.

You're right!! It's addicting! It was funny to see that Pete and the DIS folks put on a DVC show, and by the end of the second recording, Pete went out and bought a DVC Contract!!

But I'm with you: We bought our first DVC contract last year resale, and are now on the waitlist for 75 pts direct at BLT.
Pete was too funny, when he said he bought in already I just about died. He did not wait on that.

Same happened to me! I bought 100 points at Polynesian direct from DVC in 2016 with the intent to go every other year. After our trip in August we decided going every other was not enough. So we are in the process of buying 200 points resale at Boulder Ridge (We love the resort and the price point is really good).

DVC is the best money I’ve ever spent. And yes, addicting. We bought in 2012 at Beach Club and then 2016 at Animal Kingdom. We have 455 points combined and not enough...ugh.

I went on 6 trips last year and recently went into ROFR for a 5th contract. When will the madness end?

It seems that we never have enough points. We bought our first contract in 2010 resale and within a year we added on. As the kids have gotten older we enjoy more space so we added on again in 2014. And now we are waiting on closing docs for our fourth contract. This is a sickness. We do buy the annual passes and were doing that before buying in. But we really work those annual passes now.

wife was a no for DVC, went on tour October of 2018, purchased 75 points direct copper creek, took a 2 day trip to boardwalk for food and wine, have a cruise planned for July 19, trip to CC November and December of 19, and a contract for BWV resale waiting on disney to pass!!!!! its addicting for sure.

I am in the exact same situation.

So true! 5 trips to WDW in one year to “get our money’s worth” from the AP. If we lived within driving distance it might make sense. But oh no. Southwest got our money too. And now we’re looking at a second DVC contract. Addictive? Indeed. [telling self do not click renew button for AP]

Last edited:
I keep having to stop myself from pulling the trigger on some really attractive BWV contracts. But I get extremely upset later on when I let them go because the prices keep rising! I thought the January news would have perhaps stalled the price hikes, along with the dwindling remaining years on the contract, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter