Bought into DVC and now I’m addicted

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by WDWfanMark, Mar 8, 2019.

1. WDWfanMark

WDWfanMark Earning My Ears

Back in August of last year I bought my first contract resale at Saratoga Springs. Once I owned the contract I immediately booked my first trip for January at Boardwalk in a 1 bedroom. I purchased with the idea of going every other year. Before I even went on my first trip, I booked a second trip. The plan was to go for the Epcot Forever show that temporarily replaces Illuminations (still waiting to hear when that changeover will happen) I had my trip in January and I am in love with DVC. A little over a month after my first trip, I’m thinking about saving money again for a second trip. I need help, LOL.

bwvBound, Bellecruiser and bobbiwoz like this.
  2. DduzDis

DduzDis DIS Veteran

If you haven't yet do not....i repeat...do not buy an annual pass. That was by far our biggest downfall now into our 3rd contract. Hahaha!! We love our DVC too.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. WDWfanMark

I have not done that...yet. But I kinda want to go twice a year now.

5. BlueRibbon

BlueRibbon Earning My Ears

You're right!! It's addicting! It was funny to see that Pete and the DIS folks put on a DVC show, and by the end of the second recording, Pete went out and bought a DVC Contract!!

But I'm with you: We bought our first DVC contract last year resale, and are now on the waitlist for 75 pts direct at BLT.

Jack_Sparrow_NJ and WDWfanMark like this.
  6. WDWfanMark

Pete was too funny, when he said he bought in already I just about died. He did not wait on that.

7. MB333

MB333 Earning My Ears

Same happened to me! I bought 100 points at Polynesian direct from DVC in 2016 with the intent to go every other year. After our trip in August we decided going every other was not enough. So we are in the process of buying 200 points resale at Boulder Ridge (We love the resort and the price point is really good).

8. michelleiada

michelleiada DIS Veteran

DVC is the best money I’ve ever spent. And yes, addicting. We bought in 2012 at Beach Club and then 2016 at Animal Kingdom. We have 455 points combined and not enough...ugh.

9. Axelskater

Axelskater Mouseketeer

I went on 6 trips last year and recently went into ROFR for a 5th contract. When will the madness end?

10. mrsg00fy

mrsg00fy DIS Veteran

It seems that we never have enough points. We bought our first contract in 2010 resale and within a year we added on. As the kids have gotten older we enjoy more space so we added on again in 2014. And now we are waiting on closing docs for our fourth contract. This is a sickness. We do buy the annual passes and were doing that before buying in. But we really work those annual passes now.

11. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

Six resale contracts bought in the last 9 years. I feel your pain.

macraven likes this.
  12. ArmyChaplain Matt

ArmyChaplain Matt Earning My Ears

wife was a no for DVC, went on tour October of 2018, purchased 75 points direct copper creek, took a 2 day trip to boardwalk for food and wine, have a cruise planned for July 19, trip to CC November and December of 19, and a contract for BWV resale waiting on disney to pass!!!!! its addicting for sure.

vanjust14 likes this.
  13. Jack_Sparrow_NJ

Jack_Sparrow_NJ Mouseketeer

I am in the exact same situation.

14. GoofyCoaster

GoofyCoaster Earning My Ears

So true! 5 trips to WDW in one year to “get our money’s worth” from the AP. If we lived within driving distance it might make sense. But oh no. Southwest got our money too. And now we’re looking at a second DVC contract. Addictive? Indeed. [telling self do not click renew button for AP]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 12:51 AM
  15. kboo

kboo DIS Veteran

Two years ago this week, we were in contract for our first resale contract. We now own 3 resale contracts and 1 direct. I haven't bought a contract in 9 months and I'm going into withdrawal.

16. MB_01

MB_01 Mouseketeer

There’s a stripped 270 point BLT contract for 129/pt listed :p

iheartglaciers and Madame like this.
  17. kboo

kboo DIS Veteran

ENABLER!!!
    Which UY?

Madame and iheartglaciers like this.
  18. iheartglaciers

iheartglaciers DIS Veteran

:rotfl:

19. Mumof4mice

Mumof4mice Mouseketeer

Which UY do you want it to be? ;)

kboo likes this.
  20. DduzDis

DduzDis DIS Veteran

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

21. TonyaG83

TonyaG83 Earning My Ears

I keep having to stop myself from pulling the trigger on some really attractive BWV contracts. But I get extremely upset later on when I let them go because the prices keep rising! I thought the January news would have perhaps stalled the price hikes, along with the dwindling remaining years on the contract, but it doesn't seem to be the case.