Boulder Ridge Cabanas ?'s

bianca

DIS Veteran
We are planning on staying at Boulder Ridge in 2018 and are interested in acquiring one of the poolside cabanas for each day at the resort. We have 2 grandkids that have a very rare disorder (SWCAH ...... non-functioning adrenal glands) and since they dehydrate quickly, the sun is not their friend. Since we plan on this trip being a primarily "relax around the resort vacation", we were interested in the relief the cabanas could provide from the sun. Has anyone been there recently that can tell me cost, amenities, proximity to restaurants, etc? It would be most appreciated.

The pool has only been open a couple of weeks so you may not find a lot of responses to your question. I did see on the WDW site that you can call (407) 939-7529 for reservations and pricing information. Good luck with your trip planning!

We are staying at Boulder Ridge next month so your post peaked my curiosity. I called member services and as of now the cabanas at the pool are not for rent and the person who I spoke with had no timeline.

If they're not for rent, then I'll call and see if it's a "first come-first serve" scenario. If so, That will eventually turn into a nightmare judging by the pool chair problems.

It is a nightmare. I'm here right now and I just watched two women stake out one of the cabanas by laying a bunch of towels on everything. It was 8:15 am. Then they left, and of course have not come back. I hope they start charging for them. I'd rather be annoyed at the high price they charge or the difficulty to get them that way, than see people staking them out hours before they intend to use them. So inconsiderate.

It is a nightmare. I'm here right now and I just watched two women stake out one of the cabanas by laying a bunch of towels on everything. It was 8:15 am. Then they left, and of course have not come back. I hope they start charging for them. I'd rather be annoyed at the high price they charge or the difficulty to get them that way, than see people staking them out hours before they intend to use them. So inconsiderate.

1. Move the towels.

2. This is what happened at Poly's Oasis Pool, which is now reservable. I would expect these to move to a reserve status, but I suspect it won't be until the pool/CCV has been open a bit longer.

This was my fear. I hope that by the time we take our family vacation to VWL, they have started charging for them. I'd rather pay for them than have to deal with the stalking.

1. Move the towels.

2. This is what happened at Poly's Oasis Pool, which is now reservable. I would expect these to move to a reserve status, but I suspect it won't be until the pool/CCV has been open a bit longer.
I suppose I could have moved them, but I didn't want to go down there at 8:15. I wasn't going to be using it myself that early, we had a breakfast to get to.

By the time we went down to the pool, they were naturally all taken. And there are no lifeguards or attendants at this pool to prevent people from staking out.

Anyone know offhand what they charge for them at Poly?

We are planning on staying at Boulder Ridge in 2018 and are interested in acquiring one of the poolside cabanas for each day at the resort. We have 2 grandkids that have a very rare disorder (SWCAH ...... non-functioning adrenal glands) and since they dehydrate quickly, the sun is not their friend. Since we plan on this trip being a primarily "relax around the resort vacation", we were interested in the relief the cabanas could provide from the sun. Has anyone been there recently that can tell me cost, amenities, proximity to restaurants, etc? It would be most appreciated.
As previously noted, the cabanas aren't for rent yet. Likely your only option is to get there early and stay. If you notice someone putting towels down and they don't come back within a few moments, I agree that you should either move the towels or, better yet, see if you can find a nearby CM to do so. They do so at other resorts when they can see the saved chairs/tables/loungers have been unoccupied for long periods of time.

I just checked. Poly shade structures are 26.36 for a half day (10-2 or 3-7) and 42.60 all day. No fruit basket or beverages included.

Boulder Ridge cabanas are free at the moment, we stayed two weeks ago, on our pool days we were at the pool by 7:30am tending to leave by 11 am (early birds and the time difference) some morning the cabanas were empty until 9ish, other mornings they were gone by 8. Our villa overlooked the pool and by mid afternoon all cabanas emptied. This was the pattern over the week.
At the Poly the Cabanas were $42 for half a day, 10-2 or 3-7, or $62 for the full day 10-7. We were able to reserve a cabana one day after 10am the day before so someone must have cancelled. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter