Bounce back ticket questions

frost5000

Mouseketeer
We were going to buy four day hopper plus tix from connections, but because of all of the recent events we weren't sure if we were going until it was too late to order. We need to keep costs low while enjoying ourselves. We have 1 day (hopper) left on old tickets. We will be there 5 full days, and 2 (1/2) days. We want to go to one of the water parks - my children LOVE water parks. We will not have transportation other than Disney. We were thinking about buying "bounce back" tickets for 3 days, and then buying water park tickets for another day. Does Disney Club get discounts for either of these tickets? Can I include the water park tix for a "bounce back" discount? Finally, do I have to decide which parks I want tickets for ahead of time or are they a standard 1 park/1 day ticket (ie. good at my choice of either mgm/epcot/mk)? I know we can't hop with these, but it sounds like it might be a good deal for us. My children are 9 and 11, and we've never seen most of Disney so we wouldn't mind concentrating on one park at a time. Also, can you still go to EE with these (we're staying onsite)? Thank you all for your patience with all my questions!!

I think I can answer your questions.

There are no discounts on one-day, one-park tickets, including "bounce back" tickets. I checked the Disney Club web site and could find no discount on water park tickets, but it's worth asking when you buy them at the gate.

No, you cannot include water park tickets in the "bounce back" purchase. The "bounce back" deal applies only to the major parks.

I think you will have to decide which parks you want when you buy the "bounce back" passes on the first day. I don't think the one-day, one-park tickets are "generic," but someone on this board will know for sure.

Yes, you can do EE, as long as you are a resort guest. Of course, the parks are really not crowded at all right now, so EE isn't that critical.

By the way, unless you're leaving awfully soon, you should still have time to buy hoppers from Connections. They normally only take 2 or 3 days to arrive -- they use an overnight service.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thank you so much Mary! We are leaving very soon, as my e-mail is acting up, this is my tentive RSVP for you also. When I spoke to connections they told me that due to billing errors in the past they are billing then shipping. Both supervisiors that I spoke to told me that this could take 3-5 working days + shipping time, even with the overnight shipping option(this may be a new policy?). We leave on Thursday (VERY EARLY), and felt this was not worth the risk of not getting tickets.
By not buying the tickets first, we still leave the 4 day hopper option open if the parks seem crowded and can use the DC discount on them. If the parks aren't crowded, we can really get to see a lot each park has to offer, and may not miss the hopping so much.
Again thanks for the info - I hope to see you there!

You did very well. Mary. Just two minor corrections...

Yes there is a DC discount on water park tickets. It's not much - about $1.50 per ticket - but every bit counts. :)

You do not have to specify in advance what parks you want to go to. The only stipulation to the 3 day 3 park ticket (as it's now called) is that day 2's ticket must be used within 4 days and day 3's within 7 days of original purchase.

frost5000, now that I know when you're leaving I understand your hesitation to order the tix from Connections. I wouldn't do it either, with only a few days to go!

GoldenOldie, thanks for all the info. I had no idea there were DC waterpark discounts. Good to know. I wonder why they don't put that info on the DC web site.

Also, the fact that the bounce back passes can be used at any park is great! That really gives the user a lot more flexibility. Leave it to Disney... :)

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GoldenOldie, I never even knew this info was on the DIS! Duh. :D

Glad you told me about it!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

A-MA-ZING the things that you find on the DIS! :D

Thank you all so much!! I'm so grateful for these boards and Mary's help! I can't thank you all enough - we'd never be going if it weren't for all of the money you've saved us!! Although this is plan "B" for tickets, I think it will work out well for us, and we'll be able to go to Disney Quest, a water park, and Pleasure Island with the about the same amount of money we would of spent on the four day hoppers! We're going to Disney World!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter