Bounceback-- book now and apply it later?

ChimCher-ee

There's been a change of plans.
I'm assuming I can do this, but I thought I'd check with the experts, first!

I'm planning a trip for August 2019, to stay in a Cars Suite at AoA for two weeks. I need a mood booster and want to book now.

However, I'll also be staying onsite for the Princess Half Marathon in February. I'd like to take advantage of any bounceback offers available at that time for the August trip.

Can I book August now and then just have them apply -- or rebook it to take advantage of -- any offers during my Feb stay?

Thanks for any advice!

I'm planning a trip for August 2019, to stay in a Cars Suite at AoA for two weeks. I need a mood booster and want to book now.

However, I'll also be staying onsite for the Princess Half Marathon in February. I'd like to take advantage of any bounceback offers available at that time for the August trip.

Can I book August now and then just have them apply -- or rebook it to take advantage of -- any offers during my Feb stay?

Thanks for any advice!
You can't apply any discount to an existing reservation. Discounts are only available on unreserved inventory that Disney chooses to discount. If you have a certain room type booked, and want a bounceback transferred to that, then the CM will check & see if bounceback inventory is available for that room type. If it is, he'll change it for you, but if it's not, he won't. Just having a rack rate reservaton on the same room type has no positive impact on the possibility of getting a certain discount for it. In fact, the fact that you've reserved the room at rack rate makes it slightly less likely that Disney will discount that room type. But that impact is so slight that it's nothing to worry about, so if you'd be happy with the room even if no discount were available, then don't worry about it. But again, having it booked at rack rate will not increase your chances of getting a discount.

Thanks for any advice!
If there is a bounce back discount available in February for your dates in August then you would certainly be able to make the reservation in February.

If you want to book your August trip now and then hope that you will be able to apply the bounce back discount to it then that isn’t a guarantee. Not all resorts and room types are included in the BB. We have been able to apply the BB discount to an existing reservation but we had to change resorts.

You can't apply any discount to an existing reservation. Discounts are only available on unreserved inventory that Disney chooses to discount. If you have a certain room type booked, and want a bounceback transferred to that, then the CM will check & see if bounceback inventory is available for that room type. If it is, he'll change it for you, but if it's not, he won't. Just having a rack rate reservaton on the same room type has no positive impact on the possibility of getting a certain discount for it. In fact, the fact that you've reserved the room at rack rate makes it slightly less likely that Disney will discount that room type. But that impact is so slight that it's nothing to worry about, so if you'd be happy with the room even if no discount were available, then don't worry about it. But again, having it booked at rack rate will not increase your chances of getting a discount.
No, I'm not trying to affect the probability in any way. We know where we want to stay, regardless of whether there's a discount. I think you've answered my question, though, which is whether I'd have to cancel and then rebook, or just apply the discount.

No, I'm not trying to affect the probability in any way. We know where we want to stay, regardless of whether there's a discount. I think you've answered my question, though, which is whether I'd have to cancel and then rebook, or just apply the discount.
I was trying to clarify why availability would not be guaranteed, despite your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!