Bounceback for 2018

Next person who calls....ask if the current bb offer is still set to expire Aug. 15. If it does expire on the 15th, ask if they know what the next bb offer will be.

I called the number above from home yesterday. She indicated that there should be a new bb offer in place by our September trip but as normal could not guarantee what it would be.

Next person who calls....ask if the current bb offer is still set to expire Aug. 15. If it does expire on the 15th, ask if they know what the next bb offer will be.

It's nice to ask but I don't believe they know anything more than we do at this point. Purely speculation based on the CM I spoke with yesterday.

Maybe not. But you'd think they'd be able to let you know when an offer expires.
Yes I agree but I would be surprised if they extended the current BB offer as it's published in every room of every one of their resorts.

I can see them creating a new BB with the same offer as the current one and adding a new 'end' date to it but cannot see them changing a currently published one. But that's just my thoughts.

I can see them creating a new BB with the same offer as the current one and adding a new 'end' date to it but cannot see them changing a currently published one. But that's just my thoughts.

I agree. I just know that the brochures given out, don't always keep up with the current offer. When I checked into the Poly in the middle of August last year, the brochure was FD, but when I checked into CSR at the end of August, it was still the expired room only bb. I just have to wonder if the bb did change, and we just don't realize it because it's an extension of the old bb offer. I know the past few years there were reports of people booking a FD bb as early as the end of July.

Yes I agree but I would be surprised if they extended the current BB offer as it's published in every room of every one of their resorts.

Of course they will come up with a new offer soon. At some point, it doesn't make sense for someone to be offered a bounceback for dates in the same year. They won't get many people who are there in September or October to book a bounce back for the rest of that year. Not many people can return that often. That's when they change it to the next year.

Also, many resorts are no longer putting the printed info in the rooms. The only way you know about the bounceback at some resorts is to call the dedicated line & ask. So it is very easy to change the offer.

Wonder if FD is gone- it has the alcohol component in it so essentially they would be giving away free booze which I don't think is allowed. If they don't offer a FD BB then I am willing to bet they don't offer free dining next year at all for the general public.

Wonder if FD is gone- it has the alcohol component in it so essentially they would be giving away free booze which I don't think is allowed. If they don't offer a FD BB then I am willing to bet they don't offer free dining next year at all for the general public.

That's a good point.

I don't think it has anything to do with the free booze. I think they are just trying to figure out what makes sense for Disney as a whole. This year they had Pandora open which is huge. Next year will be Toy Story Land. Do they really need to offer free dining or will the public still come? I was all ready told - if we don't get a free dining bounce back offer, we don't go. :(

I'm going on a solo trip in September. Would I be able to use the bounce back offer, if there is one, to make a reservation for my husband?

I don't think it has anything to do with the free booze. I think they are just trying to figure out what makes sense for Disney as a whole. This year they had Pandora open which is huge. Next year will be Toy Story Land. Do they really need to offer free dining or will the public still come? I was all ready told - if we don't get a free dining bounce back offer, we don't go. :(

Right now even with Pandora overall crowds are really low compared to what they should be. I think for the next few years it will be lower- Star Wars is the main attraction most are waiting for- if you can only do 1 trip- do more than 1 but for those only doing 1 I would wait until 2019 or 2020 at this point until hotels are updated and SW land opens- or even 1 more year and get all this new stuff plus the 50th anniversary- I think the next few years will see offers given but I don't think Disney wants to offer any of them . They want rack rate- I know many don't see the booze thing like I do but why else would they add booze to the package- if you are a drinker it may actually be worth it money wise and then it adds those that normally don't drink drinking cause it's included and you have lines upon lines at QS for ID check and I would think they would be very careful with this. It adds more hassle to Disney operations but if they can't offer free dining because of it then it saves them a ton of money in the end- free dining is way more work and out of pocket expenses than room only discounts.

I'm going on a solo trip in September. Would I be able to use the bounce back offer, if there is one, to make a reservation for my husband?
As long as you will be staying in the room with your husband then yes, you can book this. If you are booking a solo trip for him also, it would not be possible to book him a bb offer. The person making the bb booking must be part of the new reservation.

Each adult that is registered to the room can book as many bounce back reservations as they want.They can have as many people on the new reservation as occupancy limits allow. If you want your husband to book his own reservation than you would have to add him to your current reservation.

Add me to the list of those anxiously waiting. I want to book a late April or May trip for next year and would like to get it out of the way as soon as possible. I'll be there in September and hoping something is available to book by then. Otherwise, I'd have to wait for my December trip. That's way too long to be stressed out . . . :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!