Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

Thank you! That was pretty much what I understood. I appreciate the confirmation! It will work out perfectly for us. Our AP expires in January and I was planning on taking a break. We have been going at least twice a year in January and September, but find it’s not really worth renewing at expiration. The free dining is a great incentive to start the cycle all over again next year. Then I will squeeze in 3 trips in 19-20. Now to tell my DH!
We have APs too this year, but I think we're also going to let them expire in March and book our next trip FD BB instead. :)

I can't wait to start hearing about what bouncebacks DISers are booking. What dates, what resorts, and what wasn't available. I'm going in a week and haven't heard anyone actually book it.

I know a lot of people renew right away and save on the passes, but to me it would only make sense if you lived relatively close and went at least once a month. Coming from Jersey, we can’t do that. Though I will plan one more trip before the APs expire. Then I will take a nine month break before heading back. I catch a lot of grief at work from people who tell me I need to go somewhere else, but I will never listen!
Now the decision will be where to stay, which will probably depend on what’s left. Availability may be low since it’ll be towards the end of the offer.
Will be curious to hear from others here their experience in booking lately.

Just an update.....I’ve been stalking the maid carts for a few days now. Lol.
I finally found the old offer that expires on the 15th. Nothing new yet at my resort. I expect the new ones won’t actually be out til the 15th or maybe a few days before that.
Love that you are stalking. I’ll be there on the 16th, so if it’s out the 15th/16th, I can post a pic.

Can I change a bounceback reservation?

Presently I can book Free Dining 2020 but what I need is Room Only. If I book FD now can I change this to RO when it becomes available in mid-October/Nov?

Can I change a bounceback reservation?

Presently I can book Free Dining 2020 but what I need is Room Only. If I book FD now can I change this to RO when it becomes available in mid-October/Nov?
I wish we could, but no. You may have to plan an additional trip ;-)

I understand that you can book up to 3 rooms and you can add someone that is not on property with you to book for them as well. Ok, the only question I really have is: Do you both have to be staying at the same hotel and be stay on the same dates? Can you stay at a different hotel from them? Can they go on a different date then you?

I understand that you can book up to 3 rooms and you can add someone that is not on property with you to book for them as well. Ok, the only question I really have is: Do you both have to be staying at the same hotel and be stay on the same dates? Can you stay at a different hotel from them? Can they go on a different date then you?
You would need to be traveling "together" in your future stay for you to book the bounceback for someone that is not currently at a Disney resort. That is, you cannot book a bounceback for someone if you are not going to be traveling with them on the bounceback. I *think,* though, that as long as there is overlap in the dates, you don't have to match exactly in terms of dates and resorts. If you try to book a bounceback for multiple rooms that is not identical, can you please come back and report your experience so I can keep the FAQ updated? Thank you!

I wanted to report here that my dh, ds17, and I checked in today to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I called to book a FD bb for next year. I was planning on booking 3 rooms. I was told that I could only book 2 rooms as there are only 2 adults on our current reservation. I decided on POR standard rooms, which I’m excited about since we’ve never stayed there.

I wanted to report here that my dh, ds17, and I checked in today to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and I called to book a FD bb for next year. I was planning on booking 3 rooms. I was told that I could only book 2 rooms as there are only 2 adults on our current reservation. I decided on POR standard rooms, which I’m excited about since we’ve never stayed there.
Wow! That’s how it used to be, but earlier this year they were allowing up to 3 rooms at the same time, regardless of the number of adults. I wonder if it has changed back or if you got an uninformed CM. Did you have to put each adult as the “lead guest” in each room?

Wow! That’s how it used to be, but earlier this year they were allowing up to 3 rooms at the same time, regardless of the number of adults. I wonder if it has changed back or if you got an uninformed CM. Did you have to put each adult as the “lead guest” in each room?
I’m wondering the same thing. I should have asked when it changed. I’m planning on calling back tomorrow or the next day and finding out the scoop. (And hopefully booking a 3rd room if the CM I spoke with was misinformed). I’ll let you know what they say.
I didn’t have to put each adult who is here now as the “lead guest” for each room. I used my name as lead for 1 room, and my oldest son, who isn’t currently here, as the lead on the 2nd room.

I’m wondering the same thing. I should have asked when it changed. I’m planning on calling back tomorrow or the next day and finding out the scoop. (And hopefully booking a 3rd room if the CM I spoke with was misinformed). I’ll let you know what they say.
I didn’t have to put each adult who is here now as the “lead guest” for each room. I used my name as lead for 1 room, and my oldest son, who isn’t currently here, as the lead on the 2nd room.
Do the CMs even know how many you booked if you call back? Is your reservation number flagged in the system with how many you booked previously? Just wondering if it can actually be enforced if you call back.

Do the CMs even know how many you booked if you call back? Is your reservation number flagged in the system with how many you booked previously? Just wondering if it can actually be enforced if you call back.
That’s a good question! I guess we’ll find out!

That’s a good question! I guess we’ll find out!
Good luck! I feel like everything is so YMMV when calling Disney. I tried to modify a bounceback a few weeks ago with the same number you call to book and a CM pulled up my MDE and asked me why I wanted to try and modify because I already had the same resort booked for those dates (uhhh because that is a TA rate and I wanted to see what there was for bounceback). Hung up and called back immediately. Got a much friendlier CM who gladly checked all Epcot resorts no questions asked. SMH

Can I book a BB in my name and then my husband book one in his name for the same time? We need two rooms if we bring DS24 and his best friend with us. then
and if we can do this and the older boys decide not to go and we cancel one room will it cancel both?

If we can't we might upgrade our room with the youngest 2 boys to the deluxe plan and get the other room as a room only with tickets.

If this is breaking the rules let me know and I'll delete this post.
thank you.
You don’t have to do that anymore. We just booked a bounceback for us, our daughter and my sister all in their names. Just yesterday. You don’t have to have someone from the current reservation on the bounceback rooms anymore. You can book 3 rooms- period. So if the other people cancel it’s fine. But if you cancel, it will cancel all 3. ( that’s how she explained it to me)

So I made a bounce back reservation for Dec before I checked out in June...now I think I want to try a different resort than what is on my reservation will Disney allow me to change resort but keep the bounce back discount???

So I made a bounce back reservation for Dec before I checked out in June...now I think I want to try a different resort than what is on my reservation will Disney allow me to change resort but keep the bounce back discount???

You have to call & see if there is still availability for the new resort under the promo. Call the bounceback number, regular CRO can’t do it. Depending on your dates the room only discount had very limited availability for quite awhile. You can’t just change to a room that is available now. Had to be available with the discount when it expired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter