Bounceback question

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
If we’re staying on rented points can we book a bounceback offer ?

Also is the bounceback offer in fall normally free dining?

i'm going to add to this thread instead of creating a new one, if that's ok.

I'm booking a trip for Christmas 2020. I'm hoping to catch a free dining next year some time that applies to my dates, BUT...I am going to be in Jacksonville in October for a wedding and a I have a free morning. So, my question is, if I were to book a room for one night, drive down to Orlando, check in and then contact my TA and have them switch my reservation over to that bounceback offer, do you think it would be worth it? We're booking a standard room at Coronado 12/20/20-12/26/20.

I guess my question is do you think it's possible they could be "out" of offers for my resort for that time period? Is there anyway i could know before I drove the 2 1/2 hours down there and spent $200 on a room that i would never even step foot in?

Thanks.

If we’re staying on rented points can we book a bounceback offer ?

Also is the bounceback offer in fall normally free dining?
Sure, you can purchase a bounceback offer even on DVC points. You may have the brochure in your villa or you may need to ask the front desk about it.

I'm booking a trip for Christmas 2020. I'm hoping to catch a free dining next year some time that applies to my dates, BUT...I am going to be in Jacksonville in October for a wedding and a I have a free morning. So, my question is, if I were to book a room for one night, drive down to Orlando, check in and then contact my TA and have them switch my reservation over to that bounceback offer, do you think it would be worth it? We're booking a standard room at Coronado 12/20/20-12/26/20.

I guess my question is do you think it's possible they could be "out" of offers for my resort for that time period? Is there anyway i could know before I drove the 2 1/2 hours down there and spent $200 on a room that i would never even step foot in?

Thanks.
I don't believe there is anyway to know ahead of time. You wouldn't be able to call and ask without either being in your room/on property the day of check in/check out. I know you can call up to a certain time on the day you check out as well.

There's always the possibility of a resort being out of the room type you are looking to book on a particular offer or bounceback. We always have to have a plan A and B when we're booking, as we've been out of luck twice on what we had wanted to book initially on a bounceback.

Thanks.
When you book a free dining bounce back you pay rack rate and have to purchase a minimum of four day park hopper tickets. Free dining for a moderate resort is the quick service plan. You might want to crunch the numbers to decide if it’s worth it. Make sure you calculate the cost of the resort reservation that you would have to make in order to hope that you could book a free dining bounce back for your dates and resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!