Bouncy Bouncy Fun Fun Fun! August '17 PTR

My wife can't handle gluten and my oldest daughter is allergic to peas. My TRs occasionally mention it, but are not written from the angle of "for the allergy planner". Most Disney restaurants are super in regards to working with you on your food restrictions. Oh, and my wife was in heaven when discovering Erin McKenna's Baker in Disney Springs.

I can't wait to try Erin McKenna's! DD is still a little young to know what she's missing but the idea of taking her into a place where she can eat anything is really exciting! If your daughter ate food that touched peas would she have a reaction? The more research I do, the more comfortable I am starting to feel about letting Ryann eat at restaurants. I think I will bring food to the parks just in case, especially for lunch since we'd probably be doing quick-service.

Will do!

Sorry to highjack your thread Heather. It isn't like either SimplyGoofy and I could have made this discovery on our own threads! :rolleyes:

No need to be sorry at all! I 'm glad you guys were able to make the connection. That's awesome! I hope you get to meet up one day.

You're kidding! I actually live in Des Moines (technically, one of the suburbs, but Des Moines is small enough that it's basically the same thing!) so you'll have to let me know the next time you're visiting! I can recommend a boatload of restaurants and things to do. I travel quite a bit for work myself, but if we happen to be in town at the same time we'd have to try for a non-Disney DISmeet!

That would be awesome if you guys get to meet up!

I'm following your story. Love to read and see some (non)disney things, but real live americain way of living :-)

:welcome: So happy to have you follow along!

Yeah the only place I ever saw Jessie as a meetable character was Frontierland, but that was back in 2008! I would have figured she would have been back in full swing for Toy Story 3 in 2010, but we had two WDW vacations in 2010 and didn't see her. I'm sure it's possible to find her randomly, as most characters can show up randomly. Hopefully you get lucky. She might also be part of a parade.

I'm guessing she'll come back with the Toy Story expansion. If not, Ryann will have to catch her real quick on Toy Story Mania! She pops up for like 1.5 seconds :lmao: Or maybe we'll catch her randomly, like you said. That would be an awesome surprise. There are other characters that Ryann is asking to see that I know we won't find. Like Michael from Mary Poppins :rotfl: Oh well...

Loving the idea of the countdown chain. I had intentions of doing that for Casey once but my severe lack of crafting skills led me to just make her a calendar on the computer instead :-)

What ADR's did you change up? Anything good? Not that I am food motivated in any way :P

:rotfl2:I moved 1900 Park Fare to a different day and something else I can't even remember :scratchin

The countdown chain requires some imagination, but Ryann seemed impressed by it. I'm going to try to upload some pictures now.

Chapter 4
In Which We Do the Double-Digit Dance

94 days!!!!!
It actually feels reeeeeeeeeeeeally close. Especially when you consider that I've actually been waiting for this trip for almost 3 years...

I have another month of school, which I know will go really quickly. Summer always flies by which means the Disney trip will be here before I know it. M keeps telling me that she's afraid she's going to wish the summer away. I'm looking at it as: the summer is going to go by super fast no matter what, so at least we have this trip to look forward to at the very end. It will make the end of the summer much less depressing. At least until we get back. I'm going to have Post Disney Depression PLUS Going Back to Work Depression at the same time. Yikes. That's going to be rough.

But we all know the cure for PDD! Another trip!
I'm counting on Bobby to be melted into a puddle of mush by how much Ryann loves Disney, and totally take advantage of it by booking another trip. I'm definitely the underdog in this battle of wills but we shall see...

Now for this next part, I'm going to need you to use your imagination a little bit. I made the countdown chain! It was a really fun project for me and Ryann loved it when it appeared on the wall on Sunday morning last weekend. The countdown started at 100 days, so I made 20 "Disney characters" out of the chains. Every 5 days I'll take down one "character." Note my excessive use of quotation marks.
This is what you'd call "abstract art." :rotfl2:

wall.jpeg

Thank goodness children have such vivid imaginations. Ryann actually refers to these by their names. She'll point at them and say, "Hi Piglet!" "That's Olaf!"

So, who wants to play a game? Go ahead and guess the characters that are in here. You won't offend me, I promise! Bobby had a VERY hard time with this. Even with the ones that I thought were a little more obvious. :lmao:

I will label them with letters and you can post your guesses below. The winner will get 50,000 points. But the points don't matter.
giphy-downsized.gif
(Bonus 10,000 points if you get the reference)

Zoomed-in photos below:

vZRHQ8rYS3CYo6uS2tqh9i5pT58vDxK0gkFefNqhTXgpX92IB

Rw_yhSJotsazZ80bKpboNGbZssa_LAQjYqGCF9YX8ikpX92IB

odHts1cwlFqIOPcwJvACA64kHedX0ub6k9Lt85gvhBApX92IB

Nw72d5CYWbnSCS-siCVrUoN0NYTA7YiMnTpIfp4JKHwpX92IB

_ZX3BKVjEW18ASEebTlKtV_Hmx2tkgeXAtqi-lmPw64pX92IB

wQ4GZDcAcvqBCeqB8AqXBhmZBkrixRuGVnoSi05TNsQpX92IB

aJrkrkf7UraJWvn7NSkoGC7AdG6_ZsNTC0Sw-Pr6rnkpX92IB

3_fo3m_7VZka4a-cSl7FACilwggBwe92iUjBUdiUQxApX92IB

HfMLN_Ii1v-qgOWmvITZ_CX6DAakarWY8TPr_pLTNQwpX92IB

-tJkF_rKHqS8yrEoKkSssS0m61CFSzxB_RBoR8phP2IpX92IB

rbK6TdWJWFziO_hgCw_Kxtrgj8KjMkxbCq65iULNdi8pX92IB

Click here for answers.

Attachments

• IMG-8158.JPG
    IMG-8158.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-8157.JPG
    IMG-8157.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-8153.JPG
    IMG-8153.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-8154.JPG
    IMG-8154.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-8155.JPG
    IMG-8155.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-8147.JPG
    IMG-8147.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-8152.JPG
    IMG-8152.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-8149.JPG
    IMG-8149.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Wait why is this the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love that you did different characters!

A - Mickey
B- Minnie
C - Goofy
D - Donald
E - Daisy
F - Pluto
G - Elsa
H - Olaf
I - Ana
J - Oof this one stumped me! A blonde Merida? haha
K - Ariel
L - Eeyore
M - T - I - Double G - ER
N - Piglet
O - Winnie the Pooh
P - Okay these also are hard for me! Simba?
Q - Zazu? These are a stretch haha
R - Buzz
S - Woody
T - Another thinker! I feel like this might be from a newer movie I haven't seen? Something from Big Hero 6? A candy cane? Haha

So fun! Your daughter is going to have so much fun with these!

Ok I didn't read @TXMNie's guesses above and I'm a little too tired to think now lol, but I'm coming back tomorrow to add my guesses! Had to post though because this is absolutely adorable and I LOVE the thought you put in to this for Ryann :love:

If your daughter ate food that touched peas would she have a reaction?

No, fortunately it's not to that extreme. If she got a fried rice dish or something that had a few peas in it, she could even take them out and eat the rest and be fine.

Wait why is this the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love that you did different characters!

Thanks! I loved reading your guesses :goodvibes I will score them before my next update.

Ok I didn't read @TXMNie's guesses above and I'm a little too tired to think now lol, but I'm coming back tomorrow to add my guesses! Had to post though because this is absolutely adorable and I LOVE the thought you put in to this for Ryann :love:

Thanks!! :goodvibes

No, fortunately it's not to that extreme. If she got a fried rice dish or something that had a few peas in it, she could even take them out and eat the rest and be fine.

That's a relief. That makes it much easier to manage :thumbsup2

A - Mickey
B- Minnie
C - Goofy
D - Donald
E - Daisy
F - Pluto
G - Elsa
H - Olaf
I - Ana
J - Oof this one stumped me! A blonde Merida? haha
K - Ariel
L - Eeyore
M - T - I - Double G - ER
N - Piglet
O - Winnie the Pooh
P - Okay these also are hard for me! Simba?
Q - Zazu? These are a stretch haha
R - Buzz
S - Woody
T - Another thinker! I feel like this might be from a newer movie I haven't seen? Something from Big Hero 6? A candy cane? Haha

So fun! Your daughter is going to have so much fun with these!

All of the above, and I think the following:

J: Tinkerbelle
P:This one has me puzzled too...maybe Moana?
Q: says Beast to me, but if the other one is Moana, then maybe Maui?
T: Marie?

Those are good ones! I love Moana - how did I not think of those! Also Tinkerbelle never occurred to me either! Good ones @cajunfan! P.S. Are you from Louisiana? My mom grew up relatively close to Shreveport!

Those are good ones! I love Moana - how did I not think of those! Also Tinkerbelle never occurred to me either! Good ones @cajunfan! P.S. Are you from Louisiana? My mom grew up relatively close to Shreveport!

I was born and raised in the suburbs of New Orleans (westbank) but have been in Nashville, TN for the last 25 years or so. My family is still all down in LA so we go there often.

Yeah, P & Q are really puzzling me!

I was born and raised in the suburbs of New Orleans (westbank) but have been in Nashville, TN for the last 25 years or so. My family is still all down in LA so we go there often.
Nice! My husband's best friend is from New Orleans. We are both from Texas, but moved up to Minnesota several years ago.

P maybe Nemo?
Ah, I see it now! Good one!

P maybe Nemo?

Q maybe Snow White or Donald?

That's what they are...Nemo and Dory!!!

I just loved reading these guesses!! Thanks for playing guys and for making me feel better about my artistic abilities :rotfl2:
Answers in the next post...

Sorry for disappearing for so long. Without further ado, here are the answers! Click the "Spoiler" button to reveal.

A: Mickey

B: Minnie

C: Goofy

D: Donald

E: Daisy

F: Pluto

G: Elsa

H: Olaf

I: Anna

J: Tinkerbell

K: Ariel

L: Eeyore

M: Tigger

N: Piglet

O: Pooh

P: Nemo

Q: Dory

R: Buzz

S: Woody

T: Mary Poppins

I'll admit T is a bit of a stretch :rotfl:
@TXMNie I loved your guess of "Candy Cane" :lmao:

Last edited:
I will label them with letters and you can post your guesses below. The winner will get 50,000 points. But the points don't matter.

So, what you're saying, is it's like whose line is it anyway? The points don't matter. :lmao:

Actually, I would play along, but you're having the same problem as others on the board with the photobucket messing things up.

So, what you're saying, is it's like whose line is it anyway? The points don't matter. :lmao:

Actually, I would play along, but you're having the same problem as others on the board with the photobucket messing things up.

Ugh! I didn't even realize my pictures weren't showing up! Thanks for letting me know.

I actually had a gif from Whose Line but you can't see that either! :sad2:

Ugh! I didn't even realize my pictures weren't showing up! Thanks for letting me know.

I actually had a gif from Whose Line but you can't see that either! :sad2:

You're welcome. Unfortunately, photobucket has messed up a lot of TRs. I want to see the pictures and can't. :sad2:

Looking forward to seeing more...your DD is soooo cute and it brings back memories of our first trip (although youngest DD wasn't THAT young)

You're welcome. Unfortunately, photobucket has messed up a lot of TRs. I want to see the pictures and can't. :sad2:

Looking forward to seeing more...your DD is soooo cute and it brings back memories of our first trip (although youngest DD wasn't THAT young)

I did a little reading and found out that Photobucket is suddenly charging $399/year if you want to post your images on 3rd party sites. Ridiculous. I guess that means all of my old TRs (and many others') are basically ruined now :furious: I'm working on fixing this one up now.

Thank you for the compliment. I think my DD is pretty cute too ;) How old are your kids now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter