"Boy's Ideas" and "boy things to do at WDW"????

happymomof1

DIS Veteran
I have a 6 yr old boy and we are taking him to WDW in just a few weeks. What special "boy" things are there for him to do? I know of pirate training at Mk...but what else??? Girls get princess dining and dress up with special photo shoots...but what is there special for the boys to do????As a mom of 1 boy, it is SOOO frustrating that there is so much more "stuff" and things for girls than there are for boys. I would love to see Disney do a pirate dining experience...

I totally get what you are saying. We've been taking our son to WDW since he was just 1. He is about to turn 12. He's always saying that there's more girl stuff to do than boy stuff. I wish they'd make a pirate themed dinner for boys!

While there isn't that much "themed" stuff for boys such as the princess meals, Bibbidi Bobiddi Boutique, etc. etc., there is some cool stuff for boys to do as well.

At Magic Kingdom, take the raft over to Tom Sawyer Island and let him run around. There is also a shooting range in Fantasyland.

At Hollywood Studios, let your son try to get in on the Jedi Training. It's over near Star Tours. Make sure you arrive early to get a spot next to the stage, he wears a bright shirt, is very enthusiastic (jumping up and down and waving arms) when they start picking the kids from the audience and it doesn't hurt to have a banner made for him to wave too.

I'm sure there are more things that I am overlooking but I'll post them if I think of them.

Ft. Wilderness Campground has an evening campfire program. The event is free, but you can buy s'more kits (marshmallows, choc. bars, graham crackers, and sticks) and roast marshmallows over the firepits (we brought our own food due to an allergy, and bought just the sticks). There's a singalong, a meet and greet w/ Chip & Dale, and then they show a Disney flick outside. The night we went they showed The Rookie.

You can take a boat to Ft. Wilderness from MK, Contemporary, or Wilderness Lodge.

Also, Animal Kingdom Lodge has tons of cool activities--both animal themed and African themed.

The African Outpost at EPCOT's world showcase--the musicians let the kids play their drums between performances.

Can't remember the name--but Coca Cola sponsors an attraction in Future World (EPCOT) where you can taste free samples of soft drinks from around the world. Not specifically boy-themed, but I've never met a 6yr old boy yet that didn't like him some sugar!

Tom Sawyer island--MUST DO for boys!

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

Dino Dig playground at Animal Kingdom--play in the dirt. Nuff said?

DISNEY QUEST-- it's an additional charge, but OHMYGOSH my kids loved it! At 6, there are probably a few attractions he's too short for (unless he's taller than average). This is a 4 story mega-arcade with virtual-reality games. My kids favorites were the Pirates of the Caribbean and the create-your-own-rollercoaster. After you design your coaster, you get in the simulator and "ride" it.

Downtown Disney---Lego store. We're not big into Legos, but everyone I've ever talked to whose kids are Legomaniacs has loved this place (a few Daddy legomaniacs, too).

Disney's Wild World of Sports--I've never been, but I wonder if they have cool boy stuff???

HTH--enjoy your trip!

I have a 6 yr old boy and we are taking him to WDW in just a few weeks. What special "boy" things are there for him to do? I know of pirate training at Mk...but what else??? Girls get princess dining and dress up with special photo shoots...but what is there special for the boys to do????As a mom of 1 boy, it is SOOO frustrating that there is so much more "stuff" and things for girls than there are for boys. I would love to see Disney do a pirate dining experience...

I so totally agree! No utensils allowed! (And no green veggies!);) We'd be there in a heartbeat! I would bet serious money Disney has already worked out this concept, but unfortunately not all of their great ideas see the light of day.

Now, they do have a kids' Pirate cruise, where your kids board a boat and are taken to....EPCOT I think???....where they go on a treasure hunt before the park opens. I think they serve Anthrax--I mean, Peanut Butter (can you tell I have a child w/ a peanut allergy???) and jelly sandwiches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter