Breakfast Ideas

We mostly end up staying somewhere with a kitchenette in the room, so toast and peanut butter and some juice is quite often our Disney breakfast of choice! Maybe a pastry or a hot breakfast from the food court once or twice.

Those belvita breakfast biscuits are good also. I want to take some things that they can eat on the bus too. I would love to take yogurts and cereal bowls but not sure if there is a frig in our room.

You can get shelf-stable yogurt squeezables and individual milk "juice boxes"...neither have to be refrigerated...the nice thing with the milk boxes is you can put some in your coffee and the rest in your cereal...

For yogurt, like these...https://www.target.com/p/gogo-squee...vdZEY6rhg3ENAJnxjGC3DhoCEcrw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Breakfast is our least favourite meal out and only dine out twice per 16 day trip (both character for 9y/o). We have cereal, fruit and toast (we rent DVC points for a villa). It leaves us more room for the meals/snacks we love at WDW and can't get elsewhere.

Love this post. I was just searching for breakfast ideas. We are staying onsite and flying for the first time. Would you all recommend buying nonperishable items (milk cartons, yogurt pouches, cereal, muffins, etc.) and packing them in luggage for the plane? Is grocery delivery possible for such a small order and worth it?

Grocery delivery either locally like Green Grocer or through Amazon is an option. It was marginal before with their higher prices, but I read some of the non-conference resorts have also started charging for deliveries so even mailing groceries I buy locally is not a good value in my opinion. I like to pack precooked bacon (wrap in foil and heat with iron), instant oatmeal, breakfast bars, hot chocolate packets, a box of cereal, etc., but milk and juice are available at resort gift shops so I pay the premium for those there rather than carry liquids. Not all rooms have traditional coffee makers so I pack a low-watt sealed hotplate, but a medical heating pad can also be used for heating food and drinks.

Last edited:
We found the instant oatmeal cups to be super convenient during our last trip. Our kids loved them. Those, some bagels and cream cheese and bananas fueled most of our mornings.

Another vote for bananas, grapes, bagels, cereal bars, pop tarts, dry cereal, muffins, instant oatmeal, yogurt (my kiddos are obsessed with Gogurt which is super easy to travel with), and if you hit up a grocery store, one of those bakery loaves like banana/poppyseed/lemon breads.

My kiddos like pop tarts (gross, I know, but it's vacation and they certainly get a lot of exercise). We did bagels with cream cheese and peanut butter. Yogurt. Granola bars. Small boxes of dry cereal.

I pack granola bars, a box of their favorite cereal, English muffins, peanut butter, and squeezable jelly in our suitcase. I like knowing I'll definitely have their favorite stuff at the resort and then I have extra room in our bags for all the stuff we buy to bring back home. (I find it best for the psyche if all the souvenirs fit back into the bags that were originally brought.). I also place a garden grocer order for milk, water, fruit, etc. Having a leisurely breakfast as people are getting ready is a low-stress way to start our days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!