Breakfast...Ohana, Wave, or Grand Floridian Cafe?

TBR82

Earning My Ears
We currently have a breakfast reservation at Ohana but I am having second thoughts about it. We would rather Kona for breakfast but there are no ADRs. So of Ohana, Wave, and Grand Floridian Café which would you pick? And why?

We pick Ohana for breakfast on day we leave - the food isn't spectacular but is good (all my kids like it), my kids love Stitch and we get to see Mickey before heading home. Added bonus, it is served and not a buffet, so we can just relax.

We currently have a breakfast reservation at Ohana but I am having second thoughts about it. We would rather Kona for breakfast but there are no ADRs. So of Ohana, Wave, and Grand Floridian Café which would you pick? And why?
we had an adr for breakfast at ohana but after looking at the skillet they bring on you tube a few times we cancelled it, the wave is a nice quiet breakfast option , and Kona is booked? i would keep checking that usually has openings

we had an adr for breakfast at ohana but after looking at the skillet they bring on you tube a few times we cancelled it, the wave is a nice quiet breakfast option , and Kona is booked? i would keep checking that usually has openings

Yea I am using the reservation finder on touring plans...hoping something opens up at Kona. The breakfast at Ohana just doesn't seem impressive enough even with the characters for us.

I hate the breakfast at Ohana but love the characters. Totally skippable if you aren't into the characters in my opinion. Grand Floridian Cafe has always been good in my experience.

We had an amazing breakfast at The Wave. I couldn't decide between the sweet potato pancakes and the citrus french toast, so they gave me a half order of each!
i think i might cancel minnes beach bash at cape may for a quiet breakfast at the wave, last time we went they were always out of everything, was it just a bad day? we liked what we could get our hands on lol

i think i might cancel minnes beach bash at cape may for a quiet breakfast at the wave, last time we went they were always out of everything, was it just a bad day? we liked what we could get our hands on lol

The Wave is also nice for breakfast before your MK day, or for departure day. It's quiet and civilized, with delicious food and good service.

There's also a breakfast buffet, but we've never tried it. They had me at sweet potato....

The Wave is also nice for breakfast before your MK day, or for departure day. It's quiet and civilized, with delicious food and good service.

There's also a breakfast buffet, but we've never tried it. They had me at sweet potato....

I love the buffet at the Wave. They have the sweet potato pancakes ("dollar-size") on the buffet along with lots of other yummy choices. I went back for seconds of the grits with cheddar and bacon, and I'm not generally a grits fan. The Wave is relaxing and it's nice to have the option of menu or buffet.

The wave
View attachment 263276 The grits at The Wave, oh my. We were there in July and would love to go back again. $23 pp for breakfast buffet.
definkey cancelling our cape may Minnie's bday bash and doing a quiet breakfast at the wave , we have plenty more character meals

I'll be the dissenter- we love breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It's relaxing, has a brunch vibe and menu, great press pot coffee! I usually get either the lobster Benedict or the lox and bagel. My hubby is obsessed with the vanilla bean French toast. It's all good and a must have adr for my family.

I'll be the dissenter- we love breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It's relaxing, has a brunch vibe and menu, great press pot coffee! I usually get either the lobster Benedict or the lox and bagel. My hubby is obsessed with the vanilla bean French toast. It's all good and a must have adr for my family.
Not a dissenter, your preference. We just haven't tried GF Cafe yet. :flower:

If you can't get into Kona of the 3 you mentioned, the Wave is definitely our favorite. They have a small buffet compared to other places, but what that ends up meaning is that what you get is really fresh. Love, love, love their Key Lime Benedict and the Sweet Potato pancakes especially. Definitely a real "value" for Disney World!

If you can't get into Kona of the 3 you mentioned, the Wave is definitely our favorite. They have a small buffet compared to other places, but what that ends up meaning is that what you get is really fresh. Love, love, love their Key Lime Benedict and the Sweet Potato pancakes especially. Definitely a real "value" for Disney World!
im dissing cape may minnies beach bash for the wave lol

I've done Ohana and Wave. I think Wave us a much better atmosphere and breakfast. Ohana is great if you are looking for the characters. Can't speak to GF Cafe.

GF Cafe feels very relaxed and sophisticated. Their breakfast is good!

The Wave is also relaxed and sophisticated; buffet option.

Out of the 3, I'd pick GF Cafe followed by Wave. O'hana is great for characters or kiddos.

'Ohana has the best eggs on property, that combined with the bread and juice....makes it a favorite of ours. BUT, I think the character meal aspect plays a big factor in our feelings especially with our "Stitch-Loving" 3y/o.
You can probably get the same food, without the "hooplah" at Kona. I might keep checking back for ADRs.

Everyone's info on The Wave makes me very curious to try for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter