Breakfast Reservations aftr 10k?

PracticallyPerfectPoppins

Earning My Ears
I am signed up for the W&D 10k in November, which starts at 5:30am. Since I didn't get in a POT before the deadline, I am assuming I will be in the last corral for the 10K. With a projected 10k time of 1:15 (after weaving through people etc.) would it be impossible to make a breakfast reservation at Tuskers for 10:10? I would be taking the bus back to AOA to meet the family and then drive over to AK. It's our first trip to DW so I'm not sure what to expect.

For the 10k we didn't submit proofs of time, you just put in your estimated pace. So based on what you put for that may determine your corral, sometimes it is sort of random on where you are put for the 10k though. But, say you start in the last corral at 6:30am, which usually is at the latest an hour after the first (at 5:30am), and take 1:15 you should finish then by 7:45.

I know in Jan after the WDW 10k we got to AK right after 9:00am. I started in B so about 5:40 and took 1:26 to run it (so done around 7:06ish), then took a couple pictures with medals, caught the POP bus in a long line, showered back at POP, caught a bus to AK. We didn't dilly dally either. It's hard to tell, but I don't think I would make a 10:10 ADR unless I was in an earlier corral, but I'm not one to make ADRs for right after races anymore since the unknown can happen (failed getting to one this year after the marathon due to a disaster of a race). Once bibs come out you can kind of guess if you'll be in the front or back corrals based on numbers and comparing to past 10ks, but they won't be out until a few weeks before.

Edited since I put wrong 10k finish time, oops!

Last edited:
For the 10k we didn't submit proofs of time, you just put in your estimated pace. So based on what you put for that may determine your corral, sometimes it is sort of random on where you are put for the 10k though. But, say you start in the last corral at 5:30am, which usually is at the latest an hour after the first (at 5:30am), and take 1:15 you should finish then by 7:45.

I know in Jan after the WDW 10k we got to AK right after 9:00am. I started in B so about 5:40 and took 45 minutes to run it (so done about 6:25), then took a couple pictures with medals, caught the POP bus in a long line, showered back at POP, caught a bus to AK. We didn't dilly dally either. It's hard to tell, but I don't think I would make a 10:10 ADR unless I was in an earlier corral, but I'm not one to make ADRs for after races anymore (failed getting to one this year after the marathon due to a disaster of a race). Once bibs come out you can kind of guess if you'll be in the front or back corrals based on numbers and comparing to past 10ks, but they won't be out until a few weeks before.

Thank you for your response! I signed up for Lumiere's Challenge, so I assumed that the POT submitted for the Half would also determine where you started in the 10K:) I think we may cancel the ADR for after the race and just keep the one for the morning prior then, I don't want to ruin the experience by rushing and panicking!

Thank you for your response! I signed up for Lumiere's Challenge, so I assumed that the POT submitted for the Half would also determine where you started in the 10K:) I think we may cancel the ADR for after the race and just keep the one for the morning prior then, I don't want to ruin the experience by rushing and panicking!
Oh Ok, then your proof of time (or lack of) will affect your 10k if you are signed up for the Challenge (it's only on estimated pace if just the 10K). Again, you could get lucky and put in a higher corral instead of last. Yes, rushing is no fun since it's cool to take it all in so probably smart to cancel it!

I am signed up for the W&D 10k in November, which starts at 5:30am. Since I didn't get in a POT before the deadline, I am assuming I will be in the last corral for the 10K. With a projected 10k time of 1:15 (after weaving through people etc.) would it be impossible to make a breakfast reservation at Tuskers for 10:10? I would be taking the bus back to AOA to meet the family and then drive over to AK. It's our first trip to DW so I'm not sure what to expect.
Your plans should work, as we did essentially the same thing this past January during the Marathon weekend 10K. DW was in the 10K, started back of the pack (about 45 minutes after the 5:30 official start), ran a 1:15 race, finished by 7:30, returned to POFQ and showered, and we made it to AK for a 9:50 breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe (mmmm, jungle-themed mimosas!). I would suggest that you drive to the start/finish if possible, that was the key for us. The buses can build in big delays.

Your plans should work, as we did essentially the same thing this past January during the Marathon weekend 10K. DW was in the 10K, started back of the pack (about 45 minutes after the 5:30 official start), ran a 1:15 race, finished by 7:30, returned to POFQ and showered, and we made it to AK for a 9:50 breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe (mmmm, jungle-themed mimosas!). I would suggest that you drive to the start/finish if possible, that was the key for us. The buses can build in big delays.

I actually wondered if it was easier to drive! We will have our car with us and my family is planning on staying put at the hotel until I return from the run. I didn't know if driving would be a nightmare compared to the bus, but would definitely prefer to get in my own car after the run!

I'm asking this question here because it's along similar lines as the OP's question. Due to several factors, I will sadly have to leave Disney on Sunday evening of Wine and Dine weekend, meaning checking out of the hotel after the half marathon. Check out time is 11:00 am. I'm hoping I'll be starting in the middle of the pack, since I did submit a POT, and I'm going with a finish time of around 3 hours (if I make any stops) but I'm hoping it will be more around 2:40-2:45. Assuming the finish time of 3 hours, does anyone think I'll have any issues making it back to All-Star Sports in time to shower and clean up before checkout time? My worst fear is getting held up and not being able to have enough time to do this. I wish I'd be able to hang around the finish area after the half, but I'm thinking I won't be able to in order to ensure I have enough time.

I actually wondered if it was easier to drive! We will have our car with us and my family is planning on staying put at the hotel until I return from the run. I didn't know if driving would be a nightmare compared to the bus, but would definitely prefer to get in my own car after the run!
I know nothing about driving, but the bus lines can build up getting back to the resort but move fast in my experience & there have been delays for people getting to the race as well via bus (sometimes due to one just not showing up at the resort for a very long time, my parents waited 45 minutes for a bus for the Darkside 10k from POP because one just never showed up and the line just grew). Surprisingly I've never had to wait for a bus for a morning race from the resort. The 10k I think should start & end finish at EPCOT so then should be easy for parking, but for the half we start at ESPN and finish at EPCOT so not sure on how that works for drivers, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

I'm asking this question here because it's along similar lines as the OP's question. Due to several factors, I will sadly have to leave Disney on Sunday evening of Wine and Dine weekend, meaning checking out of the hotel after the half marathon. Check out time is 11:00 am. I'm hoping I'll be starting in the middle of the pack, since I did submit a POT, and I'm going with a finish time of around 3 hours (if I make any stops) but I'm hoping it will be more around 2:40-2:45. Assuming the finish time of 3 hours, does anyone think I'll have any issues making it back to All-Star Sports in time to shower and clean up before checkout time? My worst fear is getting held up and not being able to have enough time to do this. I wish I'd be able to hang around the finish area after the half, but I'm thinking I won't be able to in order to ensure I have enough time.
You could always request a late check out too. My brother's family did that for marathon day in Jan from All-Star Sports. You should be fine though, if say you start at 6:00am (middle corral) take even 3 hours you'll be done around 9:00am, that gives you 2 hours. In Jan we didn't wait long for a bus back to Sports any of the 4 days even when the line was long.

Driving is very easy, just plan to get to the Epcot parking lot early on the morning of the race. There'll be road signs and directions to getting to Epcot and where to park (it's a huge lot, but easy to navigate). Leaving afterwards is a cinch - just walk back to the car and away you go. Bring someone along to cheer you at the finish!

You could always request a late check out too. My brother's family did that for marathon day in Jan from All-Star Sports. You should be fine though, if say you start at 6:00am (middle corral) take even 3 hours you'll be done around 9:00am, that gives you 2 hours. In Jan we didn't wait long for a bus back to Sports any of the 4 days even when the line was long.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't really counting on a late checkout since I was under the impression after a search around that late checkouts weren't really done. But if your brother's family did it that's good to hear. Having that little extra cushion of time if needed would really alleviate that worry. I'm also glad that you didn't have to wait long for buses even when lines were long.

When my son ran Dark Side this past April, because we wanted to have enought time for him to run, take picture, come back to Pop and take shower without rushing, we requested for our travel agent to put "late checkout" on our reservation. Of course it's not guarantee but when we got to Pop, we explained we need time to shower after the run before we get ready to go home so they gave us extra 2 hours. Our late check out was 1 pm.

Oh, my son did mention there was long line at the bus to get back to Pop....but then my son doesn't "rush" so he took his time on getting on bus.

When my son ran Dark Side this past April, because we wanted to have enought time for him to run, take picture, come back to Pop and take shower without rushing, we requested for our travel agent to put "late checkout" on our reservation. Of course it's not guarantee but when we got to Pop, we explained we need time to shower after the run before we get ready to go home so they gave us extra 2 hours. Our late check out was 1 pm.

Oh, my son did mention there was long line at the bus to get back to Pop....but then my son doesn't "rush" so he took his time on getting on bus.
Ok, thanks! I wouldn't need 2 hours, perhaps just an extra half hour to an hour. And maybe not even that. It would just be nice to know it's a possibility. We'll have to mention it when we check in and hope they can grant it.

Ok, thanks! I wouldn't need 2 hours, perhaps just an extra half hour to an hour. And maybe not even that. It would just be nice to know it's a possibility. We'll have to mention it when we check in and hope they can grant it.
You should also call and have it on the reservation before your arrival so just you can say "you requested" beforehand. I don't know if that will make the differenence but it won't hurt to have it beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter