Brief report, crowd updates and I have maps

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Crowds at the gate were slightly higher than in recent weeks. This was likely due to a number of APs now being active.

I was the first in the park once again and first on Peter Pan. We met a nice family from Wales (I've been there!) at the rope and they were also PP-bound. As I often do, I suggested that they stick with us (it was their first time in the park). I would have swapped my first-place spot with them. Unfortunately, they were a little too far back to reach us. But it's the thought that counts :-). They seemed please with their spot: fifth or sixth place.

<rant>As friends exited PP, I held the gate for them. Two women followed immediately and I also held the gate to allow them through. As they passed, I realized that I'd met them both about eight months ago and went on a date with one of them. By the time I realized, they'd already walked off. She ghosted me shortly after the date (maybe she thinks that's a good way to become a CM at Haunted Mansion ;-)), which was more than fine with me. But I often find it rude when people I've met before simply ignore me. I don't care if she doesn't want to date me. One date told us both that we weren't compatible. No reason to be rude, though. I've often remained friends with girlfriends after we broke up. She was never my GF, of course, but my point is that if I can stay friends with an ex, I can certainly be civil to someone I went with on one date. Anyway, I met someone I like infinitely better. Again, no bad feelings. Just looking for people to behave like the adults we pretend to be during the week ;-). </rant>

Buzz remains an inexhaustible source of aggravation. But I did manage to break 2M twice. The last time -- my last game of the day -- I just barely made it. I would've been so mad if I'd missed it by 1,000 points!

I spoke with a CM at Plaza Inn about the rumored Sept refurb. She told me she'd heard nothing about it and thought it unlikely since they're always given at least three weeks notice before a significant job shift.

I also asked CMs at a popcorn cart about upcoming AP-holder buckets. They said they hadn't heard anything but expected they'd be available towards the end of November.

Despite most of the APs now being active, crowds weren't too bad. I made a remark to a CM on Buzz about the line, which seemed slightly longer than expected. That's when she reminded me of the open APs. Until that moment, it hadn't occurred to me so crowds couldn't have been too heavy, otherwise we'd all have complaint about it... mostly tongue-in-cheek ;-).

Caught a ride on HM. I understand it goes down after today for its seasonal refurb.

I've got park maps, if anyone would like a set. Simply message me with your preferred mailing address. Domestic only please. Two DL maps, one DCA unless otherwise specified.

Park pics!

First in the park. No runners to speak of today! That's relatively rare.
IMG_1624.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

I'm acquainted with the guy on the left in the safari outfit (;-)). Although he walks with a cane, he's actually still pretty swift.
IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

Not the woman I went with on a date eight months ago... as far as I can recall. There've been so many! ;-).
IMG_1648.JPG

There were a few of the typical problems with Buzz today (targets not working, guns not working me not working ;-)). But I still managed to do OK.
IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.JPG

Last edited:
Ah Rob I always love your reports! Makes me miss home!

I agree with you about meeting with people you know and at least saying "Hi" but I will also say despite (maybe because of) my job requiring me to remember faces I had a guy I went on a couple (2) dates with before I met my husband who I would NEVER recognize in public. Even at work I'd pop in and out of a room and a few minutes later I'd get a text from him saying hi and that I looked nice today... when I never even noticed him there. Probably shows how bad the chemistry was on my side. I will admit that if he'd held a door for me then I'd recognize him... now not a chance!

Ah Rob I always love your reports! Makes me miss home!

I agree with you about meeting with people you know and at least saying "Hi" but I will also say despite (maybe because of) my job requiring me to remember faces I had a guy I went on a couple (2) dates with before I met my husband who I would NEVER recognize in public. Even at work I'd pop in and out of a room and a few minutes later I'd get a text from him saying hi and that I looked nice today... when I never even noticed him there. Probably shows how bad the chemistry was on my side. I will admit that if he'd held a door for me then I'd recognize him... now not a chance!
I'm pretty sure she recognized me. Otherwise she probably would have smiled and thanked me. But again, this isn't really a problem. Certainly it doesn't upset me. It's only the lack of basic civility. It comes across m as a lack of confidence to me. But of course she's free to make whatever choices she likes. I rarely see her and don't care. I was just mildly surprised.

Last edited:
First of all, I love that you go every week and give reports and pictures so I can live vicariously through you. I also love your obsession with Buzz.

Secondly, I am the one who probably wouldn't have said anything to you because I would have been afraid you wouldn't have remembered me and then I would have been embarrassed by saying something and it would have been awkward. I actually do that all the time because I'm always sure that while I remember others, they won't remember me. But I would have at least thanked you for holding the door.

First of all, I love that you go every week and give reports and pictures so I can live vicariously through you. I also love your obsession with Buzz.
Thank you. Glad to hear it :-).

Secondly, I am the one who probably wouldn't have said anything to you because I would have been afraid you wouldn't have remembered me and then I would have been embarrassed by saying something and it would have been awkward. I actually do that all the time because I'm always sure that while I remember others, they won't remember me. But I would have at least thanked you for holding the door.

I can understand that. In this case, however, it seems far more likely that I'd remember her than not. We met on the tram and then talked a few times at the rope. I think she simply didn't know how to handle the situation. Unless, of course, she thinks the appropriate behavior was to ignore me. I disagree with that choice but, as I said, it's clear that we weren't a match in which case we likely disagree on many things. Again, it's not a big deal. I'm not mad, upset or offended. I just find it interesting how some people behave. Often their choices don't appear rational. People have their reasons for doing (or not doing) things, which often aren't clear. If it makes her uncomfortable to face awkward social situations, perhaps that's something she can work to better - simply for her own social well-being. I know that I'd feel bad about that if I were the one to do it. A simple smile or a "Thank you," I suspect, would have left us both feeling better. To be rude or unkind is not excused, in my mind, by a lack of coping strategies. Learn some. We're adults. Awkward situations are much less awkward when you confront them. That's something I've learned.

@WonkaKid , totally get it. I have a degree in psych, I am ALWAYS analyzing the choices people make 😂
Me too! :-). Masters in I/O. But I have little desire to work in that field. Too stats-intensive and not as much room for creativity as I'd thought. That's why I'm working towards a career as a writer now :-). However, I'm still mystified by a lot of human behavior. I think it's because I often filter it through my own outlook (I suspect that's common). For example, I'm usually very upbeat, friendly and optimistic. So when people act counter to that, I imagine myself in their situation and calculate what it would take for me to behave as they do. I'd have to dislike someone strongly or think something bad about them to arrive at that level. That's part of my problem: not everyone operates the way I do. On the flip side, I'm often kind and generous to people I don't know (and more so to people I do know, of course) and some people are highly suspicious of that. I think that says far more about them than it does about me :-).

Crowds at the gate were slightly higher than in recent weeks. This was likely due to a number of APs now being active.

I was the first in the park once again and first on Peter Pan. We met a nice family from Wales (I've been there!) at the rope and they were also PP-bound. As I often do, I suggested that they stick with us (it was their first time in the park). I would have swapped my first-place spot with them. Unfortunately, they were a little too far back to reach us. But it's the thought that counts :-). They seemed please with their spot: fifth or sixth place.

<rant>As friends exited PP, I held the gate for them. Two women followed immediately and I also held the gate to allow them through. As they passed, I realized that I'd met them both about eight months ago and went on a date with one of them. By the time I realized, they'd already walked off. She ghosted me shortly after the date (maybe she thinks that's a good way to become a CM at Haunted Mansion ;-)), which was more than fine with me. But I often find it rude when people I've met before simply ignore me. I don't care if she doesn't want to date me. One date told us both that we weren't compatible. No reason to be rude, though. I've often remained friends with girlfriends after we broke up. She was never my GF, of course, but my point is that if I can stay friends with an ex, I can certainly be civil to someone I went with on one date. Anyway, I met someone I like infinitely better. Again, no bad feelings. Just looking for people to behave like the adults we pretend to be during the week ;-). </rant>

Buzz remains an inexhaustible source of aggravation. But I did manage to break 2M twice. The last time -- my last game of the day -- I just barely made it. I would've been so mad if I'd missed it by 1,000 points!

I spoke with a CM at Plaza Inn about the rumored Sept refurb. She told me she'd heard nothing about it and thought it unlikely since they're always given at least three weeks notice before a significant job shift.

I also asked CMs at a popcorn cart about upcoming AP-holder buckets. They said they hadn't heard anything but expected they'd be available towards the end of November.

Despite most of the APs now being active, crowds weren't too bad. I made a remark to a CM on Buzz about the line, which seemed slightly longer than expected. That's when she reminded me of the open APs. Until that moment, it hadn't occurred to me so crowds couldn't have been too heavy, otherwise we'd all have complaint about it... mostly tongue-in-cheek ;-).

Caught a ride on HM. I understand it goes down after today for its seasonal refurb.

I've got park maps, if anyone would like a set. Simply message me with your preferred mailing address. Domestic only please. Two DL maps, one DCA unless otherwise specified.

Park pics!

View attachment 429588

View attachment 429589

View attachment 429590

View attachment 429599

I'm acquainted with the guy on the left in the safari outfit (;-)). Although he walks with a cane, he's actually still pretty swift.
View attachment 429592

View attachment 429593

View attachment 429594

Not the woman I went with on a date eight months ago... as far as I can recall. There've been so many! ;-).
View attachment 429600

There were a few of the typical problems with Buzz today (targets not working, guns not working me not working ;-)). But I still managed to do OK.
View attachment 429596

View attachment 429597

Park pics!

View attachment 429588

View attachment 429589

View attachment 429590

View attachment 429599

View attachment 429592

View attachment 429593

View attachment 429594

View attachment 429600

View attachment 429596

View attachment 429597
I would love to get maps if still available.
It's been a few years since I've been on the boards and I havent found the PM button yet 😅 It will be our 1st trip to DL after many to WDW, but way too long ago. We are planning to book Hilton with points mid December with 2-3 days in the parks. Love that you share updated info regularly and appreciate offer to share maps. I'll figure out the PM after work today. ~ Tina

I would love to get maps if still available.
It's been a few years since I've been on the boards and I havent found the PM button yet 😅 ...
Hover your cursor over the person's username -- in this case WonkaKid -- in the left side column. A box should appear with a link at the bottom right that says "start conversation." Click on that link. Ta da! (You need to have posted at least 10 times to be able to send a PM.)

Hover your cursor over the person's username -- in this case WonkaKid -- in the left side column. A box should appear with a link at the bottom right that says "start conversation." Click on that link. Ta da! (You need to have posted at least 10 times to be able to send a PM.)
Ok thanks!
Couldn't remember my OLD log in so registered again. I'll have to post 8 more times for PM. Appreciate your help 😊

Ok thanks!
Couldn't remember my OLD log in so registered again. I'll have to post 8 more times for PM. Appreciate your help 😊
Tina, you can also visit the website listed in my profile and find my email address there. It's not uncommon for people to do that. Just so you know, I'm out of maps now but will replenish my supply on Sunday :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!