• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring a disposable waterproof camera!

mm6mm6

DIS Veteran & Disney Nut
When we went last June, we brought a Kodak disposable waterproof (to a couple feet underwater) camera to bring with us. It was great at Typhoon Lagoon and when we rented watermice. I just bought two more at Dominicks Foods as they were on clearance (regularly $14.99 on sale for $6.99, can't beat that and they are stamped "develop before March 2004" so they'll be fine when we go again to WDW in Aug '03). I found them to be just wonderful in addition to the 12 rolls of 24 we used in our normal camera. Even let DD5 take it with her when swimming. Check our pics at: http://community.webtv.net/sktracy to see some of the great water shots this camera took! I wouldn't have brought our regular 35mm camera in the tubes with me on the endless river!:bounce: :smooth: :Pinkbounc

I agree about the water proof camera's. We've used them in the water parks and at the pool. Then when we were there in Nov. it poured rain the day we were at the Animal Kingdom and the waterproof camera saved the day. There was no way I would have taken my 35mm out in the rain.

I just saw the store you wrote about called "Dominicks" and knew you were from the Chicago area. I use to live in Niles, and my parents always shopped at Dominicks. It was just fun to see a name of a store from my past.

Wow! Join me in an "It's a small world afterrrrrr allllll!" chorus Jackie!
I bought the camera at the Park Ridge Dominicks right next door to Niles!!!!
Glad to bring you some old home feelings!

Hey thats the store they use to shop at, close to Demptster road right? I think there is a school across the street. I graduated from Maine East in 1982

Ohhhhh man, I hate to break this to you. That Dominicks is now at Toyota dealer. Maine East is still there though! The "other" Dominicks is at Cumberland and Higgins on the south end of Park Ridge....

Yes, I agree, we have some great shots with the waterproof cameras. The favorite thing for the kids to do is to take pictures underwater of each other. These were fun!! It's so nice to strap it on and not worry. The pictures are pretty great for a disposable camera!

...a certain brand of waterproof camera that works best? I would like to take the best for our 1st cruise in Dec.! ;)

The one I've bought and used several times had been Kodak's. Can't seem to go wrong with Kodak products. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter