BRING FOOD FOR 2 year old ~ this is my plan!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, our son is just over 2 years old. Last WDW trip he was 15 months old so I brought lots of baby food and bought more at CBR and Goodings for about .89 and .99 per jar USF. He was getting out of the babyfood stage last trip, but I knew he would eat them if the restaurant food wasn't appropriate. But this time he's 2 years old, not eating jarred babyfood anymore. He can be fussy, so I was in a bit of a dilema on what he'd eat at WDW and what I should bring. Since we are going to try and only eat one or two restaurant meals a day, choices were limited for the little guy. SO! I figured I would bring his favourite types of food to WDW. He liked canned pasta and soups. A friend of mine works at a soup company and invited me to their company discount store! WOW! I did great! I bought 16 Spaghettio's, the little ones in the individual serving cans with the easy pop top, a bunch of different soups with pop tops. Each can cost only .23 USF (.37 CDN) that far less than babyfood at WDW! It's totally worth my while to bring about 10 cans (one per day). I will also bring his fav breakky, packages of oatmeal and use the resort coffee maker water for the oatmeal. He likes to pick at buffets, so he will eat something at a restaurant and if I don't think he ate well, I can give him a pasta or soup, easy to bring, he's eats them a room temp! $2.30 for 10 days is pretty good! PS: I will pack up all my food (cans, granola, etc.,.) in my collapsable cooler and it will be ds carry-on!

Great ideas! I had the same dilema during our last trip in December. DD was just 2 years and 1 month old.

All I brought, though was those really small boxes of cereal and some granola bars and a package of the Elmo crackers she loves. She's so picky that there really wasn't anything else I could bring her.

One thing I like to do is pack a package of diapers for the trip and then have the space where the diapers were for souveniers!!! I also bring a strong straw (from Friendly's) for the trip for places that give us drinks with no straw. And this past trip, I also brought some ziplock bags to bring snacks to the park in. Those are the only tips I can think of off hand.

Have fun!

Along the same lines as the straws ~ I always pick up a few extra paper covered straws from fast food places and cut about 2 - 3 inches off them and keep a few in a bag in my purse. So when we order ds a milk or juice at a restaurant, he has a SIZED appropriate straw!

This isn't exactly the same as bringing food - but we found that DS (who is EXTREMELY picky) absolutely LOVED the macaroni & cheese from Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. In fact, once while we were at Rainforest Cafe and he refused to eat anything from their menu (we tried!), I got up in the middle of dinner, ran to WPE and got some mac & cheese to go. No one at Rainforest seemed to mind (I guess they didn't care since we had already bought a meal for him that he hated...). We also bought it on a couple of other occassions and took it with us when we ate at restaurants where we knew he wouldn't like anything on the menu. Now (he's 5 1/2) he will at least eat a grilled cheese sandwich or pizza, so we're ok in most Disney restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter