Bringing Droid Home on Plane or Shipping it before Cruise?

mischameesh

Earning My Ears
I think my son would enjoy building a droid while we are at WDW next month before our cruise - droid depot is booked - but I am wondering whether it is worth the hassle. I know we can't take the droid onto the ship and they can hold it until we are off, but I have a few concerns:

- will it be safe during our cruise?
- we might be in a bit of a rush when we get off the ship since our flight is at noon, so I don't want to be held up waiting to pick up the droid (does it take long to claim?)
- how have people flew with these? Are they okay in checked luggage or too fragile? I am not sure it would even fit in my luggage, but I don't have any carryon or personal items available without having to pay extra through my airline...
- the other option (which will also cost extra) would be to ship it back to Canada - does anyone have experience with that and know the cost? Would I have to pay duty/customs on it?

Thoughts on the best way to do this? What have others done?
TIA

I can't speak to the cruising with it but we did one in August shortly after Droid Depot opened and brought it back on the flight, in carry on. Turned off of course. No one commented on it. They are pretty solid, we have a BB unit and the unit inside that moves it is very solid, the ball pieces that go together around it and the head are a sturdy plastic. It was a little heavy in the back pack with everything else but wasn't a problem. I'm sure you could put it in checked luggage, I'd surround it with all the dirty laundry I have to do when I get home to cushion it a bit :) and make sure it's turned off.

Has anyone shipped their Droid home? From Disney resort? We have a car and could drive to a UPS store too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter