Bringing DVD's

Stimpy

<font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says
We would like to bring a few of our own DVD's this trip to BCV. But I was wondering if it is safe for them to go throuh the security machines at the airports? Would it be better to check them in the luggage or in a carry-on? Or am I just being paranoid, and they will be fine either way? TIA

We have taken our portable DVD player with a case of DVD movies on planes MANY times and never had a problem.

Stimpy said:
...wondering if it is safe for them to go throuh the security machines at the airports?
Not a problem (unless one of them is titled "Terrorism For Dummies").

If you are worried about the security x-ray machines, no need to be. Those do not hurt digital media.

I'd bring them in my carry on and keep them with me - it's the thieves I'd be worried about.

Best wishes -

DVD's CD's are perfectly safe to run through xray machines, The library where I work routinely "sensitizes" that form of media for security. The only thing that I would question is VHS, but not really a lot of concern about it, since audio tapes have been going through airport security for years.

Thanks! That's what I thought. I completely forgot about the portable DVD players on planes! Big "DUH' to me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter