Bringing first timers...which resort would you choose?

I was wondering about Riviera as we are travelling after Dec. 2019. I am just wondering how easy or difficult it will be to book at 7 months as thay is not my home resort. We are going Feb. 2020 during president's week (new york) and I may only be able to get home resort.
The AKL lobby and WL lobby are both so impressive. As is grand Floridians hotel...not the villas. Lovely but not a WOW!
Nice to have options.
You may luck out. I was able to get a a BWV Boardwalk view studio for President's weekend 2 years ago, booked at 7 months. And this past February I got a a standard view studio in Jambo house booked at 5 months out.

My top choices would be BWV, BCV or Polynesian.

The weekends on either end of Presidents week are Presidents weekend and the Princess Half - both of those weekends are already somewhat booked in studios. (i.e. 7 mo availability will be tough).
Was thinking that...many of the 7 month available rooms may be limited.

I would take them to Poly, AKL (Savannah) or CCV/BRV for the wonderful themes that those resorts have. They are so immersive and would blow any first timer away (That loves Disney)

I would do BC or BWV if you and your friends were into night life. Jelly Rolls and the Dance Hall are really fun along with some other cool bars and restaurants in the area. Its an easy walk to HS and Epcot as well.

Good luck and let us know what you end up choosing!

If you are going President's week 2020 then you're already in the 11 month window.
Forget about preference right now. You need to book a studio at your home resort ASAP to guarantee you have anywhere to stay.

In 7 months check availability and see what's still open, if anything. It's likely not worth even giving much thought because most resort studios are likely to be booked by then. If something is open, you can always modify your reservation at that time.

If you are going President's week 2020 then you're already in the 11 month window.
Forget about preference right now. You need to book a studio at your home resort ASAP to guarantee you have anywhere to stay.

In 7 months check availability and see what's still open, if anything. It's likely not worth even giving much thought because most resort studios are likely to be booked by then. If something is open, you can always modify your reservation at that time.

I second this. Even places like Animal Kingdom Lodges - Kidani that has lots of availability are already filling up for those dates which are now well within the 11-month window. Book your home Resort now and arrange to switch later at 7 months if you find good availability for something.

That being said, if you really want to well your guess then you probably want to something which is special or different. First try to match up with something that might be special for them. But if you don't know what they would like then look at something like Bay Lake Tower or Grand Floridian on the monorail, Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom with their impressive buildings and surrounding grounds. Or maybe Boardwalk because of its good location. Certainly Riviera will also have a wow Factor.

I am biased because we are owners at BCV, but for adults in particular you can’t beat the access that BCV provides to Epcot and HS. Especially the short walk to the International Gateway at Epcot. Then on top of that, you have an amazing pool setting, even for adults, with a couple of great hot tubs. Then you have the immediate energy and access to not just one, but two resort hotels in the Beach Club and Yacht Club. And with that, you have the two quick service grocery/merchandise stores on-site, plus the multiple restaurants across the BC/YC complex. Finally, you are close to the Boardwalk and all it has to offer in terms of dining and entertainment.

We stayed at BWV once too, and for us it just did not have the “energy” that we feel at BCV.

Other resorts are great too, and could say nice things about GF and WL resorts, but nothing compares to BCV for us.

Good luck with your trip, and I am sure your friends will have a great time being on property no matter where you stay!

This gave me a chuckle. We think the exact reverse on the BWV\BCV - it seems to us that all of the "action" is on the Boardwalk & that the BCV is basically low energy save for the pool (and hot tubs).

I own at SSR - and recently purchased 75 points at the BCV (so we can use the pool if we decide to change it up) - but we have never stayed at SSR. We are BWV people. :) So, I would take them there - with BCV in second place. Our favorite amenity as adults is to walk into Epcot to have dinner around the world!

We would be in a studio...3 adult women.
I would narrow down to the studios which can accommodate 5 - so no one would have to share a bed. I think this would narrow it down to BW, BC, GF, Poly, BRV (might be missing one) Of those i would pick Poly - I feel that it is quintessential Disney and being on the monorail might be fun to do a monorail crawl (either shopping or drinking or both!) It also has the most studios so you would probably have better luck getting a studio here.

i don't believe you mentioned when you were planning the trip - that might greatly affect availability of studios. If anything i would book your home resort at 11 months, then at 7 months see what your options are.

I have booked my home resort, which is the Boardwalk so if that is where we stay then it will be great. I always look at the 7 month window to see what else is available.
Years ago I booked Boardwalk and we usually switched. Lately there is nothing available to switch to, unless we do a split stay. I actually like a split stay but I would not put first timers through that.

I would narrow down to the studios which can accommodate 5 - so no one would have to share a bed. I think this would narrow it down to BW, BC, GF, Poly, BRV (might be missing one) Of those i would pick Poly - I feel that it is quintessential Disney and being on the monorail might be fun to do a monorail crawl (either shopping or drinking or both!) It also has the most studios so you would probably have better luck getting a studio here.

i don't believe you mentioned when you were planning the trip - that might greatly affect availability of studios. If anything i would book your home resort at 11 months, then at 7 months see what your options are.
I think I rather share a bed than sleep in that little bed where I feel like the tv is going to fall off the wall on me.

I think I rather share a bed than sleep in that little bed where I feel like the tv is going to fall off the wall on me.
Which brings it to my?. Do we need to bring bedding for that bed? I thought I read that somewhere? Just bought DVC & coming in Feb.after the Princess marathon & Presidents day week. Another ? Is it hard to book studios then?

Which brings it to my?. Do we need to bring bedding for that bed? I thought I read that somewhere? Just bought DVC & coming in Feb.after the Princess marathon & Presidents day week. Another ? Is it hard to book studios then?
You dont need to bring your own. If what they have in the closet is not enough then call housekeeping to bring additional bedding.

I vote for BW, glad you booked there for now. Hopefully you booked a BW view, there is nothing better IMO. Looking out over the lake seeing YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin and spaceship earth and evening fireworks, what could be better? Also its just a short walk to the boats (depending on your room location, but still shorter than at BC) to either Epcot or HS. For an adult only trip I would think that Epcot would be a big draw. Yes you do need to take a but to DS, MK and AK but pretty much every resort is going to require a certain amount of busing depending on where you want to go. Just my two cents, whatever you decide I hope you have a wonderful trip! Enjoy :butterfly

AKL is my favorite depending on time of year your inside walking to room. And it’s just amazing. Can’t beat the food there plus the animals. Drum circles everyday!

Great replies so far. I’d stay at BWV probably, with AK being an equal contender. The theming at AK is so good, dining is amazing. So many activities. That to me is quintessential Disney. The Boardwalk location is unparalleled.

I’d skip the Poly. This is really random, but when we stayed there, the washroom with the stand up shower always smelled damp and of stale water. I couldn’t use it, I found it so off putting. I’ll never book the Poly again just because of that smell. I remember transferring to BWV that trip for my split stay and being so appreciative of the freshness and airiness of the studio.

AKL is my favorite depending on time of year your inside walking to room. And it’s just amazing. Can’t beat the food there plus the animals. Drum circles everyday!
Such a good point about walking inside. This is what swayed me to AKL for a recent booking for summer.

If you're definitely booking a studio, with three adult women I'd pick the Poly because of the two bathrooms. Two showers might come in handy.

I vote for BW, glad you booked there for now. Hopefully you booked a BW view, there is nothing better IMO. Looking out over the lake seeing YC/BC, Swan/Dolphin and spaceship earth and evening fireworks, what could be better? Also its just a short walk to the boats (depending on your room location, but still shorter than at BC) to either Epcot or HS. For an adult only trip I would think that Epcot would be a big draw. Yes you do need to take a but to DS, MK and AK but pretty much every resort is going to require a certain amount of busing depending on where you want to go. Just my two cents, whatever you decide I hope you have a wonderful trip! Enjoy :butterfly
Thank you! I will have a car so buses are not a factor.
BWV is a great location. I love walking to EPCOT and being able to boat over to HS. I usually have an annual pass but I am not sure what type of passes my friends will get and how many park days we will need. It is all good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter