• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

brita water bottles!

soccerchick

Dis Veteran<br><font color=red>My husband has rice
Hi,
I just wanted to share something I found and plan to take to Disney to help save money. I found Brita water bottles. They are 20 oz (approx., no size on label) and have the filter at the top to filter the water as you drink. It was $7.99 at Le Gourmet Chef Outlet. I've been searching high and low after I saw someone mention it on the boards. I know this particular store is usually found in outlet malls (I know in Leesburg, VA, Potomac Mills in Va, and *I think* in Myrtle Beach, SC). I just tried it this week at the gym and it does work! I use Brita's regular water pitcher in my fridge all the time.

Walgreens carries a simular filter only it fits in to any nipple capped sports bottle and costs about $4.00!! So you can use your favorite water bottle!!

These were on my list for today but walmart was OUT! i have to go to the super walmart to pick up contacts next week so hopefully they will have one in stock at least. I'm planning to bring one for us to share to save room in the bag...... Glad to hear they work at any rate!

I've also heard of the other type and seen them advertised on TV but ahvent run into any of them in the store either. I wouldnt even know where to look?

Do you have a Brooks Pharmacy near you? I've also seen them there...
Just about anywhere that sells Brita products would sell the sports water bottles.

You can also purchase these online at drugstore.com for 7.99 and a 2 pack of replacement filters for 6.99. Also if your order by 2/18 you might qualify for free shipping.

We have those water bottle straps you can get at the parks....do the Brita bottles sweat? Just curious if they would be OK to "wear" instead of keeping in our bags.

For $7.79! I was thrilled as our Walmarts don't seem to carry them. One even had a cute soccer ball motify on it. I needed three and got the last three they had!

WooHoo!

Jennifer

Oh well I looked at every KITCHEN stuff store at the outlet mall. The one that probably would have had them was GONE and I tried the super walmart also out. Looks like we wont have one for the trip since we leave in 4 days LOL!

pooraedopey - Do you have a Kohl's Dept. store near you? They carry the Brita bottles and have them on sale this week. I think they also have them at Kroger (grocery store).

sandyt67 - yes, the Brita bottles do sweat if you put ice in them (I like my water cold). We also have the $3 water bottle straps, but got tired of the bottles sweating. On our last trip, DH and I both bought the $10 insulated water bottle carriers at a cart in AK. They had several designs and came with a clear plastice sport-type water bottle(nothing fancy). We took out the clear bottle and put our Brita bottles in. It worked very well. The water stayed cold longer and the bottles didn't sweat as much.

Yes, the Brita bottles sweat. The bottles themselves are not insulated; they are the basic cheap water bottle. The expense comes for the filter. I know you can buy (nylon?) holders for them, but have not used them. Saw them at Old Navy last year. Wal-Mart or Target probably have them.

Before we left for Disney I went to the Super Walmart near us. I purchased 3 Brita Bottles from the water filter section of the store. They were 6.97 each. Then I went right over to sporting goods (camping section) and purchased 3 regular water bottles with the insulated carrier and shoulder strap. Those were 3.97 each. Then I went over the the kids section and bought 3 bottles with the insultated carrier and strap for kids (they were bear in the big blue house) for 3.97. When I was packing I just threw all the water bottles and cases in one bag. The night before we went to the parks I cleaned out the britas and the baby's water bottles and filled them 1/3 with water and froze them (not the brita filter). It kept the bottles cold for 1/2 the day. I put the extra water bottles that came with the carriers back in the bag.

At the parks we just filtered the kids water. Now we ran into a little snag on day 2 when my DH lost his brita bottle but not the strap. We just used one of the original water bottles that came with the carrier and filtered his water through our brita's. The REALLY fun day was day 3 when DS pulled the same trick - losing his bottle. I ended up the only one with a brita and I filtered all their water. Not at all a problem I was just happy we had the other bottles.

Moral of the story: Have backups and you really only need 1 Brita but let the MOM's carry it - lol!

Thanks for all the info. on where you can get these. I looked before our last trip in Dec. and couldn't find them, but I didn't look at Kohl's or Walmart!

We dont have a Kohls but I will call my MIL and have her scope theirs out for me thanks for the tip! :) We have to see them before we leave anyways to drop the kids off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter