Broken Arm Restrictions???

caimakale

Mouseketeer
My 3 year old daughter broke her arm yesterday playing. She will be getting a cast on next Thursday (8/10) and will have to wear it for 4-6 weeks. I am thinking of planning a trip to Disneyland just because of this.

Here is my thinking on it. What is the most popular thing about getting a cast? Getting it signed!!! We want to take her there to get the characters to sign her cast. She is such a disney girl, she loves the princesses and we call her Alexabell because she is such a cute little blondie that thinks she's Tinkerbell (everytime she see's Tink on TV she yells "That's me!!!").

Are there certain rides that she may be restricted from (other than the obvious ones she can't go on because of height restrictions)? Do you think the characters will sign her cast? I know some may have a hard time, but what about princesses?

I've never read here about any rides being restricted in Disney parks because of the cast. But, my son with a cast was restricted from from riding certain things at Busch Gardens. When they cast her arm make sure to ask for the Gortex liner so she will be able to still swim and shower. :thumbsup2

My oldest daughter had a cast on her arm on a trip a couple of years ago (she was 7). We didn't have the characters sign her cast because it was covered with a waterproof substance (and we still used a waterproof-covering for the pool!). The cast certainly attracted lots of attention from the characters! She was called up out of the audience a number of times (at Ugly Bug Ball, Princess Story Telling, Goofy's Kitchen, etc) which made it a special treat for her. Also, had a number of characters who kissed the cast to make it better!

Only problem we had on rides was with California Screamin'. They had to stop and re-fasten her seat. Somehow (and you know how kids are!!) the cast on her arm prevented the over-head harness from latching securely. She had a hard time grasping on during the ride--scared her a little so we didn't ride it again that trip! (Not that she was going to fall out--her mommy had a pretty good grip on her during the ride!!)

nah.. no restrictions really.. i recently was at WDW and i saw this girl (about 6 -7) and she went on Rockin Roller Coaster and i heard her saying that she loved the Tower of Terror and Space Mount. so.. i doubt taht there'll be any problems...

-i say put the waterproof covering on the cast and get an autograph book... its a cool idea to have characters sign the cast, but the autographs might get ruined if any water goes on it cause you cant write on a cast when its waterproof... either way, she will still get a lot of attention!! :)

You shouldnt have too much of a problem, your child is just really little still, and the child rides should be really tame that her arms shouldnt be bound down with a shoulder strap. I doubt you would take her on really large fast adult rides she couldnt hold onto.

Thinking how cool it would be for a little one to get her cast signed by the princesses...

Well my princess Aurora 1.5 years. Broke her arm 2 weeks ago and tomorrow night we are heading to DCA for the electrical parade..

Don't know if we will get signatures, but people can't believe how fast she is running and climbing and waving etc. with it..

I feel bad for the little ones as I cried when they re-set it. But she is doing good..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter