Brunch after Half at WDW

jsmjovi

Earning My Ears
We are wondering if we will make it to Chef Mickey's for brunch at 11:00 after the Half Marathon (including going back to Pop to shower and then take bus/monorail to the Contemporary)? It will prob take 3 hours to run the half.

Thanks!

Did you submit PoT or can you guesstimate what corral you might be in?

You're looking at a best-case finish of 9 a.m. if you start in one of the first six corrals. Worst case is a finish closer to 10-10:30 if you're towards the back of corrals. It also takes a good 10-15 minutes to work through the finisher area and back to the bus area. And that's without stopping at med OR waiting to take finisher medal photos.

Frankly, I would say 11 a.m. going from finish to POP to the Contemporary is being to be VERY close, if not impossible.

I finished Princess just a few minutes after 9 this year and barely made an 10:30 a.m. brunch at the Contemporary. I'll never schedule brunch that close to a finish of a WDW Half again - only at Disneyland, where things are much closer.

While buses leaving the race are good they can get very long lines/waits and then From POP you'll have to 1st catch a bus to MK then monorail or walk to contemporary. So transport alone will take a good chunk of time. I wouldn't chance an 11:00am brunch unless maybe I was staying at Contemporary, starting in an early corral & running in 2 hrs or less. Rushing to an ADR to me isn't worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter