Brunch Buffet Pricing

AllThingsMickey4

DIS Veteran
If I customize one of the Brunch Buffets (Tinker Bell or Briar Rose) can I send my planner a list of the items I want to keep and the items I want to change/add and get a price BEFORE the planning session? I'm trying to decide if I should customize one of these menus or just start from scratch and do the design your own buffet.

If I want to add items not on the Tinker Bell or Briar Rose menu will I have to go with the design your own buffet option?

It seems to be cheaper to customize the Tinker Bell menu by swapping some of the items with items from the Briar Rose menu and maybe adding something that's not on either menu, but I don't understand where they draw the line between customizing an already made menu and designing your own buffet.

Thank you everyone for your help with all of my questions! I'm thinking about starting a planning journal so I can put all of my questions in one spot :rotfl:

Hi. I got married in December 2013. I asked for a quote to customize the buffet menu, basically swapping items from the less expensive buffet and the most expensive buffet. The quote came out higher than the more expensive buffet. In the end, we just went with the most expensive buffet.

It doesn't hurt to ask though. Things may have changed.

Hi. I got married in December 2013. I asked for a quote to customize the buffet menu, basically swapping items from the less expensive buffet and the most expensive buffet. The quote came out higher than the more expensive buffet. In the end, we just went with the most expensive buffet.

It doesn't hurt to ask though. Things may have changed.

That's good to know! I guess I just assumed the price would come out somewhere between the two buffets ($72 and $82).. but then again there is no method to Disney pricing!

Anytime you change something on the set menu, the price becomes a custom one. It won't necessarily become more expensive—it all depends on what you've asked for, what they can get, what their suppliers are charging them, etc. Usually what works best is to tell them a price and a few items you know you want, and then have the chef customize the rest of the menu to meet that price point. Often the chef will come up with far more creative items than we can dream up, plus s/he knows what you can afford at your per-person price target.

That's good to know! I guess I just assumed the price would come out somewhere between the two buffets ($72 and $82).. but then again there is no method to Disney pricing!
Yes! That is a logical assumption and one that I made as well. When I asked, I was told that the menus are created so that the recipes work together. Such as multiple recipes use ingredients A,B, and C. By removing one of those recipes and adding a new recipe, now, they need to buy A, B, C AND X, Y, Z. I can tell you, our brunch was FANTASTIC. Even my super-duper picky friend who has sent food back EVERY time we've gone out to eat the last 15 years raved about how awesome everything was. Really, really fantastic. I am glad we picked the Tinker Bell brunch, it was money well spent (though we only had 20 people).

Yes! That is a logical assumption and one that I made as well. When I asked, I was told that the menus are created so that the recipes work together. Such as multiple recipes use ingredients A,B, and C. By removing one of those recipes and adding a new recipe, now, they need to buy A, B, C AND X, Y, Z. I can tell you, our brunch was FANTASTIC. Even my super-duper picky friend who has sent food back EVERY time we've gone out to eat the last 15 years raved about how awesome everything was. Really, really fantastic. I am glad we picked the Tinker Bell brunch, it was money well spent (though we only had 20 people).

Ahh the ingredient thing does make sense. I didn't even think about it that way. Did you have the Grilled Chicken with Wild Mushroom Ragout and Pinot Reduction? I've heard rave reviews about the Parmesan crusted chicken but not this chicken dish. Also, how were the Crepes?

Were you able to get pricing info on customizing the menu before your planning session or did you have to wait until the session? I'd like to get prices before so I know which menu items I want to taste.

Ahh the ingredient thing does make sense. I didn't even think about it that way. Did you have the Grilled Chicken with Wild Mushroom Ragout and Pinot Reduction? I've heard rave reviews about the Parmesan crusted chicken but not this chicken dish. Also, how were the Crepes?

Were you able to get pricing info on customizing the menu before your planning session or did you have to wait until the session? I'd like to get prices before so I know which menu items I want to taste.
Well, I was an Escape bride and added on the meal so, no planning session. I just looked through my old e-mails. I sent my request on Tuesday and had pricing back on Friday. I do not specifically remember the chicken, we did have it on our menu. The crepes were amazing, I do specifically remember that as being something I wanted to eat again and again. I am wondering if they are the same version though. Ours were this: Wild Berry and Grand Marnier Cream Cheese Crêpes served with Vanilla Bean Sauce and Mandarin Oranges; I see on Magical Kingdoms, it is now this: Chocolate Crêpes with Cream Cheese and Fresh Berries

Well, I was an Escape bride and added on the meal so, no planning session. I just looked through my old e-mails. I sent my request on Tuesday and had pricing back on Friday. I do not specifically remember the chicken, we did have it on our menu. The crepes were amazing, I do specifically remember that as being something I wanted to eat again and again. I am wondering if they are the same version though. Ours were this: Wild Berry and Grand Marnier Cream Cheese Crêpes served with Vanilla Bean Sauce and Mandarin Oranges; I see on Magical Kingdoms, it is now this: Chocolate Crêpes with Cream Cheese and Fresh Berries

The crepes on the menu I got from my planner are identical to the ones you had. I'm glad to hear they were good! I might consider doing the Tinker Bell menu.. it's about $30 cheaper as is than doing the design your own buffet menu + the cocktail hour food

Just saying we had the Parmesan Crusted Chicken at our tasting and it was absolutely delicious.

Liz

Just saying we had the Parmesan Crusted Chicken at our tasting and it was absolutely delicious.

Liz

I've read so many good things about that dish! Is it like an Italian chicken Parmesan? I might go with the Parmesan crusted chicken instead of the chicken with wild mushroom ragout.. I can't seem to find any reviews about that dish

I've read so many good things about that dish! Is it like an Italian chicken Parmesan? I might go with the Parmesan crusted chicken instead of the chicken with wild mushroom ragout.. I can't seem to find any reviews about that dish

I don't think so unless they omitted a sauce at our tasting but I think we got everything, It was just a densely covered piece of chicken (parmesan, probably really fine bread crumbs, maybe some seasonings). Every inch of the chicken was covered in the crust. Super easy to cut into and so tasty.

Liz

TrustTheScupper:
1) Any change in menus or events COSTS A BUNCH.
2) WDW makes up a lot on money on "change orders" . . . they LOVE changes or substitutions.
3) It is almost always cheaper to go with a pre-planned menu (even if it seems more expensive).

So I got the pricing back for my customized brunch menu. I decided to customize the Briar Rose Brunch because I liked the cocktail hour as-is. This is the Briar Rose Brunch menu without any modifications (it is $72 per person as-is):

Cocktail Hour (staying as-is):
  • Yogurt Parfait
  • Premium Cheese Display with Grapes, Crackers, and Baguette
  • Chef's Selection of Breakfast Breads and Pastries
Brunch (original menu):
  • Tomatoes, Mozzarella, and Basil with Balsamic Drizzle
  • Glazed Citrus Salmon with Avocado Mousse and Mango Relish
  • Pasta with Wild Mushrooms, Tomato Confit, spinach, and Asiago Cream Sauce
  • Maple-Ginger Lacquered Roasted Pork Loin with Fig Compote
  • Cheddar Cheese Shredded Potato Gratin
  • Seasonal Vegetables tossed with Citrus Oil and Sea Salt
  • Hardwood Smoked Bacon
  • Brioche French Toast with Caramelized Bananas Foster and Whipped Cream
  • Egg Cookery Station offering Made to Order Omelets
  • Crossiants, Hard Rolls, Butter and Jams
  • Coffee, Iced and Hot Tea
These are the modifications I'm making to the brunch menu:

• Replacing the Tomatoes, Mozzarella, and Basil with White Cheddar Baked Mac and Cheese
  • Replacing the Salmon with Parmesan Crusted Chicken Marsala
  • Turning the Pasta into an Action Station
  • Replacing the Omelet Station with a Mickey Waffle Action Station
All for $75 per person (only a $3 per person price increase!!)

I'm so excited :cool1: I thought I would need to do the make your own buffet in order to get the items I wanted below my $125 minimum. I'm actually getting more food and Action stations for a lot less ($110 for 3 entrees, 4 sides, and 1 vegetable vs $75 for the modified menu above). Now there's room in the budget for alcoholic drinks :bounce::drinking1

So I got the pricing back for my customized brunch menu. I decided to customize the Briar Rose Brunch because I liked the cocktail hour as-is. This is the Briar Rose Brunch menu without any modifications (it is $72 per person as-is):

Cocktail Hour (staying as-is):
  • Yogurt Parfait
  • Premium Cheese Display with Grapes, Crackers, and Baguette
  • Chef's Selection of Breakfast Breads and Pastries
Brunch (original menu):
  • Tomatoes, Mozzarella, and Basil with Balsamic Drizzle
  • Glazed Citrus Salmon with Avocado Mousse and Mango Relish
  • Pasta with Wild Mushrooms, Tomato Confit, spinach, and Asiago Cream Sauce
  • Maple-Ginger Lacquered Roasted Pork Loin with Fig Compote
  • Cheddar Cheese Shredded Potato Gratin
  • Seasonal Vegetables tossed with Citrus Oil and Sea Salt
  • Hardwood Smoked Bacon
  • Brioche French Toast with Caramelized Bananas Foster and Whipped Cream
  • Egg Cookery Station offering Made to Order Omelets
  • Crossiants, Hard Rolls, Butter and Jams
  • Coffee, Iced and Hot Tea
These are the modifications I'm making to the brunch menu:

• Replacing the Tomatoes, Mozzarella, and Basil with White Cheddar Baked Mac and Cheese
  • Replacing the Salmon with Parmesan Crusted Chicken Marsala
  • Turning the Pasta into an Action Station
  • Replacing the Omelet Station with a Mickey Waffle Action Station
All for $75 per person (only a $3 per person price increase!!)

I'm so excited :cool1: I thought I would need to do the make your own buffet in order to get the items I wanted below my $125 minimum. I'm actually getting more food and Action stations for a lot less ($110 for 3 entrees, 4 sides, and 1 vegetable vs $75 for the modified menu above). Now there's room in the budget for alcoholic drinks :bounce::drinking1
So glad it worked out!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!