Budget hotels as a DC swap?

vernon

DIS Veteran
Sorry if they are already offered but does anyone agree with me that ONLY AS AN ESCAPE VALVE, because I can't see anyone CHOSING to stay at a budget over a DVC resort. It would make sense to be able to use budget resorts at say 15-20 points per night? At least it would mean IF your own DVC resort was full you could get a room for roughly the amount of time you wanted to stay for. IMHO that is a more useful offering than 60 points per night at concierge level Y+B club?

I cvan't see how Disney could lose money taking the points for 2 OKW nights ( or one at BW) and giving back one night at an All Star and it would give people the chance at a stay of similar length?

I'm not strongly opinionated ( ed makes a change LOL :rolleyes: ) on this just an idea.

Vernon, I don't think it's worth it for the Budget- I checked for NYE and can get ASM for $105/night. If you value points at $10 , then maybe 10 would be worth it but not 15- 20, I'd rather pay cash.

I'm not fixed on the point value, just the idea of people being able to use their points themselves as opposed to having to rent their points out for cash in order to pay cash for a hotel. I think most people would rather ( if possible) not have the risk of a rental go wrong and use Disney to "wash their points". I'd rather use 10 even 12 points a night at a budget than rent out the 12 points at $10 each ( riskingthe buyer drops out at some stage) and pay $100 for the room. I know it's costing me $20 a night but I'd rather not have the hassle. JMHO. Otherwise renting out my points could be my ONLY option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter