Burgers?! In N Out, Shake Shack or The Habit?

Marshmelo

DIS Veteran
Which is your favorite and why? Trying to decide what to try for out October vacation. I definitely want to go to try Black Tap and we want to Uber to Fuddrucker’s (love this because we don’t have it in Indiana anymore). Is there even a Shake Shack in Anaheim anymore? I find it on yelp but not on their site or google maps :confused3 We’ve never tried any of these (besides Fuddrucker’s). Which are worth going to?

I love Shake Shack, but unfortunately you'd need to go to LA or San Diego for that. They only started opening locations in southern CA in recent years, and don't yet have one in Anaheim or Orange County.

For hamburgers and fries, I love In 'N Out. Especially the fries. And especially animal style fries. Mmm...

I grew up near a Fuddrucker's and always loved it. Very good burgers.

I enjoy Habit Burger as well, but I actually never get hamburgers there. I focus on their teriyaki chicken burgers, on sourdough bread. So good!

Both Habit and In-n-Out are delicious and you can't go wrong either way. In-n-Out will have more limited options - just burgers (no specialty toppings), fries (get them well done for extra crispy fries), and sodas/milkshakes. Habit burger has a more extensive menu - burgers, fries, chicken sandwiches, salads, shakes. If you're going to take the food to go, I would choose Habit. In-n-Out is not good when you take it to go, it must be eaten there (in my opinion).

If you're going to take the food to go, I would choose Habit. In-n-Out is not good when you take it to go, it must be eaten there (in my opinion).

Interesting, I'm wondering why you feel that way? I tend to prefer the opposite - I like to eat in at Habit Burger (the chicken sandwich tends to get soggy if you delay eating it, and can be quite messy), but I always take In 'N Out to go. I don't like the atmosphere inside very much.

Interesting, I'm wondering why you feel that way? I tend to prefer the opposite - I like to eat in at Habit Burger (the chicken sandwich tends to get soggy if you delay eating it, and can be quite messy), but I always take In 'N Out to go. I don't like the atmosphere inside very much.

I can totally understand about the chicken sandwich getting soggy, i've had that happen to me. In my experience I feel like when I get a burger/fries from Habit it holds up better when I take it to go. In-n-Out burgers to go are fine, but any time I've taken the fries to go they get soggy and aren't as good as if I was to eat them there. Whenever I hear someone complain about In-n-Out fries it's because they've taken them to go and they were soggy/cold by the time they were eaten.

I can totally understand about the chicken sandwich getting soggy, i've had that happen to me. In my experience I feel like when I get a burger/fries from Habit it holds up better when I take it to go. In-n-Out burgers to go are fine, but any time I've taken the fries to go they get soggy and aren't as good as if I was to eat them there. Whenever I hear someone complain about In-n-Out fries it's because they've taken them to go and they were soggy/cold by the time they were eaten.

That makes sense. I actually don't like crispy fries - I prefer the limp ones at In 'N Out!

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I'd give a slight edge to In-N-Out, though their fries can be on the soggy/underdone side for me. Fortunately, you can avoid this problem by ordering the fries "well" (as in well done. But if you want to sound like a pro just order fries well) and they will put them back in for a little bit to get them a bit more crisp and golden.

If anyone in your party is gluten free or just prefers to skip the bun, no one does a lettuce wrapped burger like In-N-Out (order "protein style" for a lettuce wrap at In-N-Out-they've been doing lettuce wrapped burgers for decades, well before it was a "thing"). DD14 has given up ordering lettuce wrapped burgers at Habit because they just don't have big enough lettuce leaves to do it right.

Shake Shack is supposed to open a location in Long Beach. 2nd and PCH has its grand opening in October but not sure if all stores will be open by that time. There is an In N Out right across from this location.

In N Out. The Habit tastes like Burger King to me...not a fan. There are no Shake Shack locations in Orange County. Fuddruckers is always good.

Tried the In'N'Out Burger close to Hollywood Boulevard last year when my wife and I were in LA. It was lovely - the meal itself was nowhere near as salty as the UK equivalent versions of burgers. We were intrigued by this and will go there again when we are back in late December 2019 :)

For me, In 'N Out.

As for Fuddrucker's, well they used to be good. I went to one a few years ago and felt their ship had sailed. Be sure to check Yelp reviews before you go.

In N Out fries are an insult to fries. True garbage, in my opinion.

Why? Because they actually taste like potatoes? They aren't adulterated by a bunch of sugar or spices, like most fast food fries. All the major fast food places use fries that are soaked in sugar water or various chemical solutions. That's what makes them brown up so nicely when they fry them. Gross. I prefer my fries to be hand cut and taste like potatoes.

In ‘N ‘Out. Classic CA :)

I tried Shake Shack for the first time a few months back and it‘s the closest burger I’ve found to being as good as In ‘N Out. But In ‘N Out is still my fave. (Also Shake Shack has a larger footprint across America than In ‘N ‘Out so you might find yourself with another chance at Shake Shack before you get back to an In ‘N Out.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!