Burning Fastpass before getting to park?

hpsauxe

Earning My Ears
I am starting a morning in DHS before hopping to Epcot. I have a FEA at 1:00pm, and right now I’ve booked Spaceship Earth and Mission Space at 10am and 11am respectively (when we will be in DHS). If I just let these FPs expire and after I tap into FEA, can I book another tier 1? What has your experience been with this? I don’t really mind even going to guest services if needed - we have Akershus at 2pm so wanted to be able to book another tier 1 at lunch time.

In theory it should work.
My experience is same as PP. Sometimes the expired FP goes away and you can book another FP. Other times it doesn't and you have to go to guest services to get it fixed.

Could you tap in (and not ride) at those experiences before your FEA? I guess that would mean walking to the other side of the park if you walk from HS, but if you tap in spaceship earth and it glows red because that FP expired it should clear from your band right? Then walk past mission space and do the same thing. Seems like that might be faster than going to guest services? And seems to be what people are reporting doing in HS to bring through FP for shoes.

In theory it should work.
My experience is same as PP. Sometimes the expired FP goes away and you can book another FP. Other times it doesn't and you have to go to guest services to get it fixed.

It has happened to me several times but I've never got it fixed at guest services. I just modify it to something near me and close in time. If it's something I want to actually I ride, I do, otherwise I tap and go.

I didn't mention it in my previous post, but if I was OP, I'd get SDD at HS. Do that, then get a Frozen Sing a Long and burn it (tap but don't go in) then Indiana Jones show and burn it. You should be able to do this pretty quickly. Otherwise use other shows if the times aren't right for Frozen and Indy. Then, I'd try to get a ToT or TSM (or both one after the other or maybe ToT twice in a row) and do those before leaving HS. When we were at HS a couple weeks ago, we could get ToT FPs over and over. TSM was not difficult either. Then, I'd search for MK FPs on the bus to MK. Should be any number of things available.

It has happened to me several times but I've never got it fixed at guest services. I just modify it to something near me and close in time. If it's something I want to actually I ride, I do, otherwise I tap and go.

I didn't mention it in my previous post, but if I was OP, I'd get SDD at HS. Do that, then get a Frozen Sing a Long and burn it (tap but don't go in) then Indiana Jones show and burn it. You should be able to do this pretty quickly. Otherwise use other shows if the times aren't right for Frozen and Indy. Then, I'd try to get a ToT or TSM (or both one after the other or maybe ToT twice in a row) and do those before leaving HS. When we were at HS a couple weeks ago, we could get ToT FPs over and over. TSM was not difficult either. Then, I'd search for MK FPs on the bus to MK. Should be any number of things available.

It sounded like OP was trying to align their FEA and Akershus lunch in Epcot after HS so having that timing for FP and ADR might be their priority to keep.

This has me intrigued as I simply cannot figure out what a FEA is? Is it a ride?

Thanks for clearing that up - I was trying to match with the rides in FW, not WS.

This has worked for us in the past. We have done a couple of 4 parks in a day days. With those, we start at AK, book FPs for HS, then hop to Epcot and MK. Each time I have done two HS FPs that we want to actually use and one in the morning, before we'll even be there, to expire. We've had no trouble getting an Epcot Tier 1 after using the two at HS plus the one that expired earlier in the morning. I know people have mixed results with having FPs that expire without ever being used, but it has worked for us each time we have done it.

This has worked for us in the past. We have done a couple of 4 parks in a day days. With those, we start at AK, book FPs for HS, then hop to Epcot and MK. Each time I have done two HS FPs that we want to actually use and one in the morning, before we'll even be there, to expire. We've had no trouble getting an Epcot Tier 1 after using the two at HS plus the one that expired earlier in the morning. I know people have mixed results with having FPs that expire without ever being used, but it has worked for us each time we have done it.

If you're hopping like that you don't have to burn any FP's. Just make your 2 HS FP's, tap the first one, and you can immediately add an Epcot FP even though you still have one FP to use at HS.

Reactions: CJN
If you're hopping like that you don't have to burn any FP's. Just make your 2 HS FP's, tap the first one, and you can immediately add an Epcot FP even though you still have one FP to use at HS.

Except that FEA is hard to get , esp for a specific time as the OP explained. Not worth taking a chance on losing the one FP you are planning your day around.

Except that FEA is hard to get , esp for a specific time as the OP explained. Not worth taking a chance on losing the one FP you are planning your day around.
I replied to a different poster who was talking about doing 4 parks and adding Tier 1 FP's at Epcot after using 2 at HS. That being said, even in the scenario of the OP I'd still just refresh for FEA later on but do understand others may not be as comfortable with that.

I was in the parks in June and the “ burning FP “ method always worked for me in AK.
I would schedule 2 early throwaway FP and one FP for Safari.

I would do the Safari standby at park opening a few times while the wait was under 20-30 “. Then I would use my safari FP. After this I was able to make more One at a Time FP for Safari as I was in line.

( yes I am obsessed with photographing the animals on KS !)

Anyway it worked everytime. I’m hoping it still works when I go back in a few weeks!

I

The tiering is what requires the tap in - otherwise expiring them would be fine. I would book your earlier ones for Figment and Pixar Film and just walk a little out of the way and tap them out of the way. That will open you to additional Tier 1 as soon as you get to the FEA tap without walking all the way to the front of the park

I didn't mention it in my previous post, but if I was OP, I'd get SDD at HS.
You make it sound so easy! Lol! I have taken to calling a FP for SDD the "unicorn" of FastPasses...people speak of it, but it is impossible to find! I am going during a slower time of the year and even at 7am at 60 days out, the best I could do was TSM.

I have taken to calling a FP for SDD the "unicorn" of FastPasses...people speak of it, but it is impossible to find! I am going during a slower time of the year and even at 7am at 60 days out, the best I could do was TSM.
SDD is very tough to get. We tried at 60 days +7 and found an oddball time that didn't work for us. But what do you mean by slower time of the year?

SDD is very tough to get. We tried at 60 days +7 and found an oddball time that didn't work for us. But what do you mean by slower time of the year?
Mid-November is touted as a slower time of year, but with Food and Wine happening and free dining plan starting on 11/17...not sure what the crowds will be like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter