busch gardens

tony64

<font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font
Hi we are going on our 4 trip this year but we are planning our first visit to busch gardens.the web site looks great but we cannot get rhino rally to work any suggestions??
and has anybody got any recommendations??

Have fun at BG. That park is probably my families favorite. My sons love te coasters and I love the animals and shows.

My DH and I went on rhino Ralley for the first time a couple weeks ago. I thought it was very well done and enjoyed it. My husband thought it was hokey. Go straight to the ride when you arrive at gate opening and you might avoid the line. The cars hold only 17 people so the line can get long at times. We decided it was worth the wait.
If you are a single or group of 2 be sure to listen for them to call for people to fill up the cars.
Also be sure to go to the Haunted Lighthouse 4-D miovie. It was pretty good.
We always eat at the Colony House restaurant and try to get windo or porch tables so we can enjoy the atmosphere of the park. Food isn't bad and prices are pretty inexpensive.

BG is our family favorite also. Rhino Rally is fun, but if the wait is long it really is not worth it IMHO- What the other poster said about heading there first is good advice, especially since it is not far from the front entrance.
It's simply a large Land Rover that drives through a portion of the Serengetti Plains area of the park providing you with a closer look at some of the wonderful animals along with some scripted info and fun. At the beginning of the ride one person is selected to sit up front and be co-pilot. If you get a good driver and a group of passengers up for "audience participation" it really makes the ride better. There is also a part where a bridge supposedly gives way and your vehicle begins to "helplessly" float down the rapids (of course the driver blames it on your co-pilot). It can be lots of laughs.
If you really want to see the animals up close and personal I highly recommend you pay the extra 30something bucks to do the serengetti safari. It is a limited ride by reservation only, and takes about 15- 20 people in the back of a truck out onto the plains to feed and touch the giraffes and many other animals for about a half hour. A well versed guide accompanies the group and gives some interesting info and answers questions. (I really am partial to this adventure as my son who is autistic and who was afraid of most animals had a major breakthrough when we took him on this and now asks to feed the giraffes every time we go to the park).
If you REALLY want the ultimate day at BG I also recommend the guided tour. I forgot what we paid, I think it was about $60 per person which sounds like a lot BUT it includes:
- the Safari which is about 30 bucks alone,
- lunch at the Crown Colony House, one of the nicer on site restaurants (usually runs about $10-12 per person)
- A guide that brings you to the FRONT OF THE LINE on any or all of the rides your group decides to do (this saves HOURS of waiting time and gets you on MANY more rides than you could possibly do in a day with regular line waiting)-
- You also get the best reserved seats in the house for the shows your group sees, and a 20% discount for any purchases you make (gift shops etc.) while you are on the tour.

It really is a very good value if you can afford the extra $ and if you only have one day to spend there I can guarantee you that you will end up regretting it if you don't take advantage of it.

If you do decide to do this remember it is by reservation, so you might want to call ahead. Ask for the shorter of the 2 tours- there is a longer tour that starts earlier in the day and includes breakfast but that is really the only difference, I really don't think it is as good a value as the lunch tour.
Sorry this got longish, but I hope it helps.

thanks for the advice please keep it coming
it sounds like it is going to be a highlight of this trip

Even if you go straight to Rhino Rally upon entering park, you will still stand in line for at least 30 minutes. We tried both mornings on our last trip, and it took that long even though we were among the first 100 in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter